• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

post pics of your whips

Ostrichsak, you got it right. I couldn't have said it any better. And if these guys wanna talk power, lets step up to the RS4, or RS6. That is what happens when Audi puts a little motorsport into the mix. An A4 is NOT a WRC spec racecar, it is an Autobahn burning small sedan. And it is nice to drive.;)

<EDIT>
Oh, and BTW, I own a 2001 Jetta with a 1.8 liter turbo. I will drag anyone with a stock WRX (NOT STI) and smoke 'em. It has 165000 miles, and has never been in the shop for an expensive repair. I drive it like a complete A-hole everywhere I go, (7000 RPM upshifts at least 10 times a commute) and It still runs like a champ. Problem Laden? I think no.

Upvote 0
all cars have their own share of problems. some more than others.
mercedes benz is NOT more trouble free then audis. all the german brands have their own set of known issues. imo, if your able to afford a high end luxury car, you shouldnt really care about maintenance. liek they say, u gotta pay to play.

heres some more pics of some lowered cars from my g35nyc club!

by far my favorite g37 on air

35j03mt.jpg

5v7r5e.jpg

car6.jpg

look how ugly this 370z is on stock height:

370ZR2.jpg

now when its dropped with a nice set of wheels ;]

4524701805_295478717c_b.jpg

ok enough of me going off topic!

Upvote 0
Problem laden? That's hilarious. Just the fact that you lump VW & Audi into the same group tells me you don't know what you're talking abotu and are only parroting what you have heard. You can't group VW in the same category as Audi and I don't care what anyone says about them being the same cars becuase they aren't. They share platforms and that's about it. The rest is all proprietary and I can tell you that Audi is substantially better than VW. We briefly had a brand new VW Jetta in 2002 and in the short period we owned it it had nothing but problems. Despite everyone saying it was the same thing as an A4 only more expensive we went and got an A4 and got rid of the problem laden VW. Nothing but good things to say about that Audi and each one since. The only issues we had were a few small issues on an A6 we had but I wouldn't say they were abnormal or excessive. Compared to other makes we've owned even the most problem laden Audi we've had has been a dream. No problems on any of the rest.

Just like Honda's never have problems and imports are more expensive to fix. Horse crap. I also love how you select Mercedes Benz as being more trouble free than Audi. I've owned all vehicles in question and I certainly wouldn't say my Audis have caused me any more issues than the others. In fact, I would say that my Audis have been more trouble free than most of the others aside from the Toyotas and maybe the Lexus. Troubles aside Audi makes some of the best interiors in the universe and especially for the price tag. The fit and finish is impeccable and if you spend any real time inside your car and care about all the creature comforts and whiz-bang features it's tough to beat the Audi line.
<insert generic fanboy response>
You know nothing about cars.
<insert rant>

laugh.gif

You know nothing about what I've owned, or how much I know about cars, or the experiences I've had with them, or my family's & friends experiences. But yes.. please continue the gizzbang about how awesome a VW with a different exterior is.

Upvote 0
<insert generic fanboy response>
You know nothing about cars.
<insert rant>

laugh.gif

You know nothing about what I've owned, or how much I know about cars, or the experiences I've had with them, or my family's & friends experiences. But yes.. please continue the gizzbang about how awesome a VW with a different exterior is.

Fanboy? The difference between you and I is I've owned dozens and dozens of cars. All if different manufacturers and various power levels and refinement. The modified ones I modified MYSELF and turned every stinking bolt myself. I've been modifying cars probably before you were born so unlike you who claims what you read on the internet and what some dipshit friend of the family said I speak from personal, first hand experience. I stand by my statement that anyone who says a VW is an Audi is an idiot who knows nothing about cars. Period.

Keep talking and prove my point.

Upvote 0
Fanboy? The difference between you and I is I've owned dozens and dozens of cars. All if different manufacturers and various power levels and refinement. The modified ones I modified MYSELF and turned every stinking bolt myself. I've been modifying cars probably before you were born so unlike you who claims what you read on the internet and what some dipshit friend of the family said I speak from personal, first hand experience. I stand by my statement that anyone who says a VW is an Audi is an idiot who knows nothing about cars. Period.

Keep talking and prove my point.
Yeah, you're totally right.

SmileyD.png

lulz, keyboard warrior

Upvote 0
Shake your dicks, boys, this pissing contest is over.

Problem laden? That's hilarious. Just the fact that you lump VW & Audi into the same group tells me you don't know what you're talking abotu and are only parroting what you have heard. You can't group VW in the same category as Audi and I don't care what anyone says about them being the same cars becuase they aren't. They share platforms and that's about it. The rest is all proprietary and I can tell you that Audi is substantially better than VW. We briefly had a brand new VW Jetta in 2002 and in the short period we owned it it had nothing but problems. Despite everyone saying it was the same thing as an A4 only more expensive we went and got an A4 and got rid of the problem laden VW. Nothing but good things to say about that Audi and each one since. The only issues we had were a few small issues on an A6 we had but I wouldn't say they were abnormal or excessive. Compared to other makes we've owned even the most problem laden Audi we've had has been a dream. No problems on any of the rest.

Just like Honda's never have problems and imports are more expensive to fix. Horse crap. I also love how you select Mercedes Benz as being more trouble free than Audi. I've owned all vehicles in question and I certainly wouldn't say my Audis have caused me any more issues than the others. In fact, I would say that my Audis have been more trouble free than most of the others aside from the Toyotas and maybe the Lexus. Troubles aside Audi makes some of the best interiors in the universe and especially for the price tag. The fit and finish is impeccable and if you spend any real time inside your car and care about all the creature comforts and whiz-bang features it's tough to beat the Audi line.

I'm just curious, but how do you justify buying some Audis? The S6, for example. 5.2L V10 yet does 0-60 around the same time as a <$40K Pontiac G8? $73K for that? For $10K more why not spring for an M5?

I know you're talking the interior quality, but is 73K justifiable? I don't care if the velvet seats tickle my scrotum on every speed bump, you can get similar interior quality on a Lexus for a good deal less.

Same thing for a 335i vs an S4.

I'm just saying. It's all personal preference here, but Audi really seems to be asking for quite a bit just for the interior. The engines really seem to be underpowered for how big they are.

They do look nice, though. Cruising on the streets, no one will argue with it, but on track day, you're gonna need to really pick your fights.

Upvote 0
Shake your dicks, boys, this pissing contest is over.

I'm just curious, but how do you justify buying some Audis? The S6, for example. 5.2L V10 yet does 0-60 around the same time as a <$40K Pontiac G8? $73K for that? For $10K more why not spring for an M5?

I know you're talking the interior quality, but is 73K justifiable? I don't care if the velvet seats tickle my scrotum on every speed bump, you can get similar interior quality on a Lexus for a good deal less.

Same thing for a 335i vs an S4.

I'm just saying. It's all personal preference here, but Audi really seems to be asking for quite a bit just for the interior. The engines really seem to be underpowered for how big they are.

They do look nice, though. Cruising on the streets, no one will argue with it, but on track day, you're gonna need to really pick your fights.

have always agreed with that, dont get me wrong, the S line is pure sex, but for the money, its pretty hard. all you have to do is throw in a few more grand and you can have a M series which has it outbeat in performance. the price tags on the s class is pretty hard to pick over a m class imo.

and for 73k, i would go for a nissan gtr that can hand ass to all those germans, stock :)

Upvote 0
I love beating $80k+ luxury/sport cars. They always get pissed off. (especially when their wife or girlfriend is in the car)

They still have the nice car....and a girlfriend. Most of the pencil-dick kids trying to beat these cars have neither.

Just saying.

have always agreed with that, dont get me wrong, the S line is pure sex, but for the money, its pretty hard. all you have to do is throw in a few more grand and you can have a M series which has it outbeat in performance. the price tags on the s class is pretty hard to pick over a m class imo.

and for 73k, i would go for a nissan gtr that can hand ass to all those germans, stock :)

Yeah, but someone mentioned getting German cars fixed? GT-Rs are worse. Since each engine is unique and all that drama is put into making the engine and transmission inside a vacuum and whatnot, it could be just as expensive, if not more.

You can't drive a GT-R daily. You could, but it would be impractical. I think a lot of 70-100K German cars can still be daily-drivers. The Ms, the AMGs, etc.

The problem with the S-class is the AMG badge carries such a high premium. A base S-class, I think, starts at just over $90K, but move up two models and you're paying $200K for an AMG S65. What gives? I guess it's the prestige and reputation. If you're paying that kinda money, it's justified for some.

But BMW and Audi don't have anything comparable to the S65 in price or performance. That's the problem and how MB sets itself apart.

Upvote 0
Oh, and BTW, I own a 2001 Jetta with a 1.8 liter turbo. I will drag anyone with a stock WRX (NOT STI) and smoke 'em. It has 165000 miles, and has never been in the shop for an expensive repair. I drive it like a complete A-hole everywhere I go, (7000 RPM upshifts at least 10 times a commute) and It still runs like a champ. Problem Laden? I think no.

if you wanna talk long running cars that will smoke others, let me go grab my old jeep cherokee, 300k miles on it and still is putting out 250 hp to the wheels. the face of little ricer kids and fancy luxury car drivers alike is priceless when the jeep takes off and still has wheel chirp through third gear shifting. :) too bad the gas on the thing sucked so its retired to the garage the past 2 years :(

granted thats with exhaust CAI and headers but still 5k total investment to purchase car parts etc...

Reactions: 330D
Upvote 0
You can't drive a GT-R daily. You could, but it would be impractical. I think a lot of 70-100K German cars can still be daily-drivers. The Ms, the AMGs, etc.

Actually, the GT-R isn't impractical as a daily. Although it is a coupe, it still has two rear seats and many reviewers have said the car is quite manageable on a day to day basis, which makes it suitable both as a daily driver and a weeend warrior.

Upvote 0
Actually, the GT-R isn't impractical as a daily. Although it is a coupe, it still has two rear seats and many reviewers have said the car is quite manageable on a day to day basis, which makes it suitable both as a daily driver and a weeend warrior.

yea i was thinking the same. its also AWD so you wont have problems in the snow. i dont see it as being any more impractical than an m3, m6, or even a z4 and we see those on a faily basis.

Upvote 0

I would too w/o even having a second thought about it.

Listen, I'm not an Audi fanboy.. I buy what I want that makes sense at the time I'm buying it. I drove an Audi S5 when they first came out and for the price tag I about laughed out loud. Of course. I still kept it for an entire day to make sure. ;) :D The interior was small (I'm about 285lbs and very broad in the legs and shoulders) and I felt crammed. The door sill came in too far and the center console was too large. There was no dead foot pedal (or very little) and the gas & brake pedal were too close. Actually, it wasn't so much as they were too close as the gas pedal was too close to the transmission tunnel. I wear a size 15 shoe and on more than one occasion I crammed the brake when I was trying to floor the gas. They tried to rip off the iDrive from BMW (which is a plague on humanity IMO) and the knob is WAY to the rear of the arm rest. It should be just behind or beside the shifter knob for ease of use but they put it clear at the rear just ahead of the center console cover/door and I had to practically turn sideways in my seat to get to it. Not good placement for a control input they're trying to make do most of the functions. The engine also felt down on power which is NOT something you want to come away with in something with the price tag of an S6. The materials that were there were excellent and the A5/S5 is one of the sexiest cars on the road today. In fact, the guy who designed it also penned Ferraris and of all of them said this was his favorite design. I agree with him. The subtlety of the lines and the under spoken secksiness is hard to deny. Just a beautiful car. If they made an RS5 with some sort of forced induction V10 that would be a truly amazing car.

For those comparing Audi to a BMW 3 series those are also amazing cars but you're comparing apples to oranges. If you live in Cali or FL or something then this isn't a concern but I live in Colorado so for me AWD is a must. Audi has one of the best AWD systems and it's standard. If you want to compare that to a BMW you need to look at a BMW 335xi instead of just the i and now you're much closer price-wise for an inferior AWD system. Again, if you live in sunshine year round then this doesn't matter but that's why they make so many different cars. Everyone has different needs/wants and those change as we age. I find myself looking for more refinement than I did when I was younger and all I cared about was raw power and performance.

Oh, and by the way... my current beater 2007 A4 Quattro 2.0T I bought for $18k two years ago w/only 20k miles on it. It booked for almost $30k. It was over double that new. No way in hell would I buy that same car for $43k new that people are comparing. I get good deals on cars and very rarely do I buy new because the depreciation is awful. I pay cash for all my cars/trucks/bikes too because you take it in the cornhole with loans.

I also find it comical that most people that are quick to point out how expensive new luxury vehicles are are also driving ten year old cars. How is this comparing apples to apples? I bought a very nice sedan with a full manufacturer's warranty that was practically new and loaded for half of retail. I put an APR chip in it and a few other basic mods and it's quite fun to drive. I don't go looking for races because I don't care about that anymore. I get near 30mpg on the highway and it's a fun car to drive and completely reliable as it sits. If I did I would have sold my big single turbo Supra, my GMC Typhoon or my GSX-R1000. As I said earlier, you get to a point when all that gets old and you want more than just raw power and performance.

I guess I just don't like the blanket fanboy statements people make to try to feel better about their value ride. If you have a vehicle you love and enjoy driving it then just be happy. Don't assume that everyone who paid more money than you is envious and having remorse about their purchase though when you speed past them. Truth of the matter is that most of them don't really care. They likely have something at home in the garage faster anyway. They're driving the more comfortable car for a reason though. ;)

Reactions: krouget and 330D
Upvote 0
I would too w/o even having a second thought about it.

Listen, I'm not an Audi fanboy.. I buy what I want that makes sense at the time I'm buying it. I drove an Audi S5 when they first came out and for the price tag I about laughed out loud. Of course. I still kept it for an entire day to make sure. ;) :D The interior was small (I'm about 285lbs and very broad in the legs and shoulders) and I felt crammed. The door sill came in too far and the center console was too large. There was no dead foot pedal (or very little) and the gas & brake pedal were too close. Actually, it wasn't so much as they were too close as the gas pedal was too close to the transmission tunnel. I wear a size 15 shoe and on more than one occasion I crammed the brake when I was trying to floor the gas. They tried to rip off the iDrive from BMW (which is a plague on humanity IMO) and the knob is WAY to the rear of the arm rest. It should be just behind or beside the shifter knob for ease of use but they put it clear at the rear just ahead of the center console cover/door and I had to practically turn sideways in my seat to get to it. Not good placement for a control input they're trying to make do most of the functions. The engine also felt down on power which is NOT something you want to come away with in something with the price tag of an S6. The materials that were there were excellent and the A5/S5 is one of the sexiest cars on the road today. In fact, the guy who designed it also penned Ferraris and of all of them said this was his favorite design. I agree with him. The subtlety of the lines and the under spoken secksiness is hard to deny. Just a beautiful car. If they made an RS5 with some sort of forced induction V10 that would be a truly amazing car.

For those comparing Audi to a BMW 3 series those are also amazing cars but you're comparing apples to oranges. If you live in Cali or FL or something then this isn't a concern but I live in Colorado so for me AWD is a must. Audi has one of the best AWD systems and it's standard. If you want to compare that to a BMW you need to look at a BMW 335xi instead of just the i and now you're much closer price-wise for an inferior AWD system. Again, if you live in sunshine year round then this doesn't matter but that's why they make so many different cars. Everyone has different needs/wants and those change as we age. I find myself looking for more refinement than I did when I was younger and all I cared about was raw power and performance.

Oh, and by the way... my current beater 2007 A4 Quattro 2.0T I bought for $18k two years ago w/only 20k miles on it. It booked for almost $30k. It was over double that new. No way in hell would I buy that same car for $43k new that people are comparing. I get good deals on cars and very rarely do I buy new because the depreciation is awful. I pay cash for all my cars/trucks/bikes too because you take it in the cornhole with loans.

I also find it comical that most people that are quick to point out how expensive new luxury vehicles are are also driving ten year old cars. How is this comparing apples to apples? I bought a very nice sedan with a full manufacturer's warranty that was practically new and loaded for half of retail. I put an APR chip in it and a few other basic mods and it's quite fun to drive. I don't go looking for races because I don't care about that anymore. I get near 30mpg on the highway and it's a fun car to drive and completely reliable as it sits. If I did I would have sold my big single turbo Supra, my GMC Typhoon or my GSX-R1000. As I said earlier, you get to a point when all that gets old and you want more than just raw power and performance.

I guess I just don't like the blanket fanboy statements people make to try to feel better about their value ride. If you have a vehicle you love and enjoy driving it then just be happy. Don't assume that everyone who paid more money than you is envious and having remorse about their purchase though when you speed past them. Truth of the matter is that most of them don't really care. They likely have something at home in the garage faster anyway. They're driving the more comfortable car for a reason though. ;)

this! come on guys lets not turn this into an iphone vs android like thread lol.

my car is slow as fck, but i still love it!

Upvote 0
if you wanna talk long running cars that will smoke others, let me go grab my old jeep cherokee, 300k miles on it and still is putting out 250 hp to the wheels. the face of little ricer kids and fancy luxury car drivers alike is priceless when the jeep takes off and still has wheel chirp through third gear shifting. :) too bad the gas on the thing sucked so its retired to the garage the past 2 years :(

granted thats with exhaust CAI and headers but still 5k total investment to purchase car parts etc...

250 to the wheels makes the tires chirp?

yea i was thinking the same. its also AWD so you wont have problems in the snow. i dont see it as being any more impractical than an m3, m6, or even a z4 and we see those on a faily basis.

Yeah, it's not that bad. The M3 comes in a sedan, though. And the coupe isn't that bad. I only see the GT-Rs in my area, I have never actually sat in one let alone driven one. I was thinking it's more of a track car than luxury. I was thinking specifically about the suspension of the car going over bumps.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's not that bad. The M3 comes in a sedan, though. And the coupe isn't that bad. I only see the GT-Rs in my area, I have never actually sat in one let alone driven one. I was thinking it's more of a track car than luxury. I was thinking specifically about the suspension of the car going over bumps.

its def more of a track car than a luxury, heck its a "nissan". but just because its not luxury, dont mean its not comfortable. i have never sat in it before, but from the looks of it, it does look pretty comfy ( at least for the driver and passenger in front).

from your statement, it seems that ur saying coupes are not practical daily drivers lol. agreed in the sense when you need to drive people around or make deliveries. but i would say more than half the cars i see everyday are coupes. they are a lot sexier imo ;] and i buy a coupe to drive just myself, not other people.

Upvote 0
Trust me when I say that a Nissan GTR is NOT a daily driver unless you work from home, drive less than a couple hundred of miles a month, don't take any long trips on the highway and have a limitless sum of money for repairs and basic maintenance that this car requires to keep it on the road. Don't let the Nissan badge fool you.. this is a race car for the streets.

Upvote 0
I guess this just boils down to what each person would see as a good daily. Depending on where you are in your life, what your situation and circumstances are, you will see different cars as good "daily" rides. Some people need a good comfortable, 4 door, ride-like-a-caddy car for a daily. For myself, I could drive a two seater roadster as a daily since I don't have a family or kids or anything like that.

It comes down to personal opinion.

Upvote 0
its def more of a track car than a luxury, heck its a "nissan". but just because its not luxury, dont mean its not comfortable. i have never sat in it before, but from the looks of it, it does look pretty comfy ( at least for the driver and passenger in front).

from your statement, it seems that ur saying coupes are not practical daily drivers lol. agreed in the sense when you need to drive people around or make deliveries. but i would say more than half the cars i see everyday are coupes. they are a lot sexier imo ;] and i buy a coupe to drive just myself, not other people.

Depends on what you carry. Coupes are good if it's just you and a partner. On your own, your rear seat is your oyster, toss whatever you want back there. But someone mentioned the M3 and may have forgotten that it came as a sedan.

My knees hit the bottom of the dash on a 328i sedan I had as a loaner the other day. I could fit, but it was nothing like the roominess of the 5er. I don't think I could handle being cramped that bad for a drive more than 45 minutes.

But no, coupes can definitely be comfortable and enough to lug stuff around. It's just that supercars generally don't allow for that much room in the trunk.

Upvote 0
I guess this just boils down to what each person would see as a good daily. Depending on where you are in your life, what your situation and circumstances are, you will see different cars as good "daily" rides. Some people need a good comfortable, 4 door, ride-like-a-caddy car for a daily. For myself, I could drive a two seater roadster as a daily since I don't have a family or kids or anything like that.

It comes down to personal opinion.

Personal opinion? So you're alright with replacing the tires and the transmission every 5k or sooner? There's a lot more to that list but those two at what they cost are generally enough to put most sane people out of the running. Again, there's a LOT more to a daily driver than you're thinking of and it's not just the difference between 2drs and 4drs.

Upvote 0
Personal opinion? So you're alright with replacing the tires and the transmission every 5k or sooner? There's a lot more to that list but those two at what they cost are generally enough to put most sane people out of the running. Again, there's a LOT more to a daily driver than you're thinking of and it's not just the difference between 2drs and 4drs.

Wait a minute, I never said the only thing I was considering was the number of doors.

I was just saying that each person will have their own opinion as to what they want or need in a daily driven vehicle. Someone with a family of 5 would not want to use a 2 seater vehicle as a daily driver, for example. Someone who does not have kids might not want to get a full size Ford Excursion. Someone might want a car that is cheap and easy to maintain and gets good gas mileage. Another person might be making a little more money so these three points aren't as high on their priority list when looking for a vehicle that is daily driven.

There are many more other facets of a vehicle that need to be considered before choosing a daily driven vehicle - what I listed here is NOT the only things I think people consider when choosing a daily driver.

Upvote 0
Wait a minute, I never said the only thing I was considering was the number of doors.

I was just saying that each person will have their own opinion as to what they want or need in a daily driven vehicle. Someone with a family of 5 would not want to use a 2 seater vehicle as a daily driver, for example. Someone who does not have kids might not want to get a full size Ford Excursion. Someone might want a car that is cheap and easy to maintain and gets good gas mileage. Another person might be making a little more money so these three points aren't as high on their priority list when looking for a vehicle that is daily driven.

There are many more other facets of a vehicle that need to be considered before choosing a daily driven vehicle - what I listed here is NOT the only things I think people consider when choosing a daily driver.
I see what you're saying. "Daily driver" is a relative term and it is. Someone told my dad his Alpina B7 was a daily driver. WTF? Maybe in Dubai.

Upvote 0

I get what your saying but if you read what I typed I was being facetious but you really would have to fit those criteria to find the GTR an acceptable daily driver. Trust me when I say the GTR is NOT a daily driver by any standards. With that, I'm done this with conversation. I think it's already been beaten to death a few times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones