• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Home Screen Captures

Well, you may be tired but I'm sure snow means steady income for you, so I'd count that as a blessing. :D Since the ADW theme is a paid app, what I'll do is use your screen shot to match up the colors as best I can. You're on MiRaGe, right? The themes are slightly different for CM7 than CM9 and above...
Come to think of it, I had been wanting to do a version for both generations, and once I get the colors right I can easily publish four versions (silver and gold, 7 and 9+)

Upvote 0
Alright, I've started on it (the battery indicator looks awesome) but I'm going a slightly different route. Instead of doing different versions for each version of CM, I'm going to build these for the Xposed framework. That way anyone with root can enjoy them. Install the framework and the theme, and the Rom won't matter (it even works on stock!)

Upvote 0
Alright, I've started on it (the battery indicator looks awesome) but I'm going a slightly different route. Instead of doing different versions for each version of CM, I'm going to build these for the Xposed framework. That way anyone with root can enjoy them. Install the framework and the theme, and the Rom won't matter (it even works on stock!)

I thought you have to be runnin 4.0 or higher to install Xposed framework? MiRaGe is 2.3.7 :(

Upvote 0
HTC desire cm9. Broke my electrify and got this little phone for free.
usety3uv.jpg

Upvote 0
Update on the theme project:
First test was a miserable failure. While there is a build of the Xposed framework for GB, it doesn't support the theme engine. Also when I tested the first build on a CM10 rom, the Xtheme engine didn't see any themes at all. So, I'll just go ahead and make a standard CM7 theme for you while I continue to debug Xtheme. Any new themes going forward will be for Xposed (hopefully) once I figure out what went wrong. I know, it won't support MiRaGe, BACKside, or Harmonia but honestly there's very few people left still using those. I happen to be one of them, but that's beside the point. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Honestly, I'm starting with a CM7 base anyway. I'd just be providing you with a partial port, a step that I'll have to make anyhow.
Here's the skinny: I have 18 themes to port, and two new ones I'll be making. Both new ones are variations of Quicksilver called Fool's Gold and Copperhead (you can guess what color scheme I'll be working with.) The new ones will be available for CM7 before all 20 go live for Xposed. I'll be putting them in the Play Store in about a month and ask for 99

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0
@brotherswing ...came across this today :
http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/693280-mod-xposed-installer.html

Read down to post #12 takes you to XDA, it's an old thread, but maybe it will help you. Seems like someone got themes working for the theme chooser app for CM9 and up using Xposed framework, if you already knew about this just disregard.

Hope it helps!

EDIT : I just clicked on the second link in post #12 and here it took me to Google play and it was Anthony C R's theme Afterburner, so i would imagine you do know about this, oh well thought i could help. :D

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
Anthony kind of stopped talking to us quite some time ago (not a falling out, he just moved on and left our group.) I didn't know about this, but rest assured I will be going over this information very carefully. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Not much in the post itself, BUT....
I've had the decompiled template for Anthony's themes for over a year (he created it for the DHoT crew to begin with) so I can easily reverse engineer the modified theme to see how it was done. This is actually quite helpful, and a big step in the right direction!

Upvote 0
Cool, glad it can help you figure this out, got my fingers crossed. :)

I don't know much about this stuff, but towards the bottom of the first post, found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1655946 he tells you how to compile with Linux. Don't know if you seen that or even if it's useful, sounded good to me but i know absolutely nothing about computers, but it looks useful.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but I've been using and compiling things in Linux since the mid 90's. I'm very comfortable with that part. The complex part is
A) Creating the visual elements
B) Writing the smali
C) Creating the correct structure for the system in use.
All this while dealing with Peanut who is now going through the terrible twos. This will take a bit of time....

Upvote 0
Yes, believe me i know what you are doing when it comes to compiling.

It all looked Greek to me, i just thought there was something in there to help with the way the theme engine worked in Xposed.

Good luck with peanut and the terrible two's, my niece has a daughter that's 2, grandma baby sits her everyday, she's 72 and wore out at the end of the day, don't know how she does it!

The kid is so damn cute, every time a commercial comes on she just starts dancing, it's hilarious. :D

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
@brotherswing ..... got any more teasers for me?

Looks like i'm gonna have a rough couple of days ahead of me starting Sunday, Pittsburgh is supposed to get a foot or more of snow and ice, looks like I'll be livin in the truck for a couple days (need something to cheer me up), yes the money is good but at this point we are all getting so fed up with this winter. Too many company snows (straight time, instead of time and a half or *double* time )although Sunday will be time and a half, don't matter at this point we are all just beat. Worst (cabin fever) that i remember in the 36 years i've been workin there!

Upvote 0
Actually, some things have changed at my end...
What I'll do is knock out the gold version for you (unfortunately the status bar icons except the battery will still be silver.) It will be CM7 only, and MDPI only. Basically, I'll just go ahead and build it with what I've got. I haven't had the time I had hoped to have and another (non android) project has taken priority. Also, I finally have a new phone so I won't be working with the OV any more. For the record, the Optimus F3 is a terrific handset, and a great bang for the buck. I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0
@brotherswing, i would really appreciate the theme but there's no rush if you have more important commitments, looks like I'll be busy for a few days anyway.
Sorry to see you go, when actually, seems like we just got you back! :D

Good luck with your new phone! Don't be a stranger, come visit once in a while :)

@ AndyOpie150, don't worry about me leaving any time soon. The extra $'s i made, mostly, barely got me caught up on bills, rent, utilities and a little bit tucked away to try and get my truck fixed when the weather breaks, been without a vehicle since October!

The best i can hope for is a bigger SD card and a new battery for (old faithful) my trusty OP V! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones