Pre-Order

Last Updated:

1. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called up to Best Buy to see how many people had pre-ordered the Hero and there is only 1 person on the list. I will be going up there tonight or tomorrow to pre-oder one. Who else is doing this through Best Buy?

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

My Pre-Order is down, but what I wanted to talk about (and we can do that here) is the early release of the Sprint Hero to Reward Zone members starting on the 9th.

I was able to confirm with BB that they would be doing it, but how you get the coupon is still a mystery. So if anyone has that info, I'd certainly like to hear it.

3. medicX

medicX Member

i got online last night after seeing a post about registering with best buy's reward zone and registered myself. i printed off a temporary reward zone card. i suppose you just take it into the store? i don't know.

4. NYVetteGuy

NYVetteGuy Well-Known Member

I happen to be a Reward Zone Premier Silver Member (dont ask how much I spend at BB its scary) and usually any of these types of early offers are sent in the mail in a pack that has all different types of offers in various departments or via email, I cant say I have gotten either one yet...I will keep all posted if and when I do...

[​IMG]

5. Edaze55

Not a Premier Silver yet, Im about 800 shy for next year though, but yeah, I get those coupons in the mail all the time as well. Have not gotten any lately.

I was told that if I didnt get a coupon either through email, or regular mail, that I should check back in on the 9th and they would see what they could do. *shrug* Not sure they will be able to do it, but I suppose I can stop in just to be sure.

6. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

I just pre-ordered today. I did receive a form with my information on it and an appointment to pick up the phone on the 11th.

After hearing about the early release for rewards members, I think I'll call tomorrow to see if I can get it changed to the 9th.

7. sr1982

Can you elaborate on the appointment? Is it before store hours or what?

8. TattierPub

TattierPub Well-Known Member

Logged into my Reward Zone account and can't find any information, not so much as a coupon.

Did manage to find this over on Crackberry links to a copy of the coupon.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/3978204804_5a29668621_o.jpg

Wonder if it's just select member or if the early pick up is available to all members.

9. Edaze55

Thats the same image that everyone on the Sprint forums has been talking about.

I verified the early release at my local Best Buy, so its on the up and up, but like you, I have been unable to find out how one goes about getting that coupon. Which I was told I would need to have to pick up the Hero on the 9th.

10. mamiamjo

They had a form that I filled in and there were spaces for appointment Date: and Time: to come and pick up the Hero and set up your service.
    They said, that was so that they didn't have everyone in there at one time trying to get their phones set up. I asked for 9:00am on the 11th, but will call today to see if I can get it moved to the 9th. I hadn't seen the coupon referenced in the post above (of course I usually just throw my coupon booklets away), so i don't know if it's needed to get the early release or not.

11. effextc

effextc Member

I can verify the BB RZ release on the 9th. I am a RZ member but never received the notice... I found it online.

I was excited so I called up my local BB to have them set me up on the 9th. The guy there was great! I told him I received notification that since I was a RZ member and I pre-ordered the phone that I was able to get it on the 9th and that I was wondering if the store would honor that.

He said "Yeah! No problem! We should be getting them on the 8th so it won't be a problem. Let me annotate it on your pre-order form and we'll call you on the 8th to let you know when to come in on the 9th". There was no mention on bringing in the coupon or anything, he just noted it on the form. From what I gather, it should just be common knowledge that RZ members can just get it on the 9th (kind of like a published policy as opposed to a coupon).

I also asked him where I was on the list.... he said I was first. WOOO HOO!!!

12. mamiamjo

I called BB mobile phone dept. this morning and asked about getting on the early release list since I'm a RZ member. The guy didn't know anything about an early release. I told him that a friend of mine told me they were having a release on the 9th for RZ members and that I verified it on the internet. I asked him to check with his manager, but the manager didn't know anything about an early release either. :(

13. NYVetteGuy

NYVetteGuy Well-Known Member

OK...just got my RZ offer mailing in the mail today for 10/9 - 10/18 and none of the coupons were for the Hero....

Interesting....anyone else get the mailer today?

14. TattierPub

Just got off the phone with Best Buy's Reward Zone people they don't know anything about the coupon for early pick, they then transferred me to Best Buy Mobile who told me the coupon will be going out by e-mail.

The girl said if I haven't received the coupon to go to my local store and speak with the manager.

15. TattierPub

For all of you who want to get your hands on the coupon for early pick up you have to call the 888-Best Buy number and ask to speak with a BB Mobile supervisor. The girl I spoke with was able to arrange a Friday p/u for me with my local store.

16. mamiamjo

OK, I called 888 Best Buy and they confirmed the early release for RZ members on the 9th. I mentioned that I had an appointment set up for the 11th because my local store didn't know about the early release. He said that it shouldn't be a problem as long as I have Pre-Order receipt and my RZ number.
    I'm hoping that it won't be a problem come Friday. Hopefully they'll know about the early release by then:rolleyes:

17. sr1982

I am not a RZ member, but can I sign up for it now and be eligible for this?

18. mamiamjo

I would guess so. It can't hurt

19. imb951

imb951 Well-Known Member

I just did! :D Got my appointment changed and I'm now getting my Hero this Friday at 10:30am!

20. mamiamjo

Who did you talk to, to change your appointment? Did you call the store or the 888 number? When I called 888 bestbuy, they told me I didn't need to change my appointment,to just show up on Friday with my RZ number.

21. americonium

americonium Well-Known Member

I certainly wish someone would post at least a photo or a copy of the coupon so that we could get a better look at it....:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. imb951

imb951 Well-Known Member

Just called the store and spoke to the BB Mobile rep who pulled up the list for Sunday and switched me to Friday. I'll have my new RZ membership number written down on my preorder receipt and have a printed version of that coupon when I arrive Friday morning.

23. sr1982

I set my appointment for Friday at 530 pm. I can't wait.

24. mamiamjo

I stopped by BB on my way home. I spoke to the mobile rep again. He still didn't know anything about the early release. i showed him the jpg of the coupon that amerconium posted (thanks for that), and he then started believing me. He was eventually able to locate some information about the early release on the website under the employee toolkit area. He went ahead and changed my appointment to 10:00am on friday:D

25. sr1982

Anyone get to see a hero at Sprint? My buddy who works there told me they have them in.