• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-release thread [July 16 USA release date]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went into my local Best Buy yesterday and had the same experience as you all, confused employees who stated there's no way to know when it would come in.

I got home and ordered a 32GB Grey one from Amazon which listed a 3-4 week shipping date. Precisely at 12:01am I got an email stating it would arrive next week (the 23rd-25th). I got super saver shipping so that probably means it's being dispatched right away.

Maybe the official release was actually 07/17? Seems like the email exactly after midnight could not have been a coincidence.

Upvote 0
I'm not a super techy so I can't afford to buy whats new and hot whenever whatever is released. If I'm buying a tablet, I'm making an investment for the next couple years.

But should I just jump right into this one and order mine while I still can. Be ahead of the game for a couple months, have the latest and greatest as long as I can. Or should I wait for reviews...

My main concern is the screen. There have been a lot of concerns with previous transformers that have experienced cracked screens. I want to know another asus tablet will have that issue. I don't want to put in $500+ on a device that will break and ASUS won't cover under warranty.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones