• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with ID3 Tags (HTC Incredible)

simb11

Lurker
Jan 1, 2011
Hi, I have a 'small' problem that is driving me crazy.

Android is reading my MP3 tags correctly, except for one artist (Lily Allen). While the tag appears correct in any tag editor (on Android and my PC) Android adds a comma (it shows as Lily Allen,) when I look it up in my player.

I've tried renaming the artist and that works fine, but when I rename it back to Lily Allen, it adds the comma back.

I've used all versions of the ID3 tags, but all show the same problem.

As I mentioned, when I go in to edit the tags, they appears to be correct (ie Lily Allen without the comma), but when I look at the artists (in any music player), the comma is back.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

The only thing I could possibly think of that would add a comma like that, is if in your tag editor, it gave you spots to enter in the first and last name of the artist, and it was trying to sort via last name first. Example:
Lilly Allen if input in a "first" and "last" name basis, sorted by last name, would be shown as "Allen, Lilly" ... Is it possible that you're maybe putting the entire artist's name in a "Last Name" designated box on the tag?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones