• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Kies backup

I tried to back up using Kies but some data can't be synced, it just says
"the following items were excluded from backup due to a system memory..."

It just goes on with the backup process until it finishes and at the end it says the said data was not backed up.

Other data was backed up succesfully but I need EVERYTHING!
Please help! I have the latest Kies version.

Upvote 0
Hi Golid :hello:

I merged your threads together since they are both about backing up. The only way I know to back up your apps with their data is to root and use Titanium backup. You can use App Backup & Restore to just backup the apps.

If you have messages to backup, you can use SMS Backup & Restore. Sync your contacts with Google and they will restore after a factory reset.

Did Kies backup anything? What else do you need to backup?

Upvote 0
I am also getting the same error trying to back up my Galaxy S3 and this is the only page on the internet I can find about this particular error shown while Kies is doing a backup:

"the following items were excluded from backup due to a system memory"

Kies warns before the backup initialises that it is not backing up Applications, of which I have 384mb of apps due to system memory on the device.

At the end of the backup, as long as I uncheck Applications - otherwise Backup fails every time - I get a list of items which could not be backed up due to the error shown above, these are:

Message, Email, Preferences and ringtones, Network settings and bookmarks, Call log, Applications, S Memo.

By device, does this mean the phone or my laptop? I have a fairly high spec laptop with 8gb RAM on Windows XP Pro x64.

What does this error mean and how can I resolve it?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Upvote 0
I am also getting the same error trying to back up my Galaxy S3 and this is the only page on the internet I can find about this particular error shown while Kies is doing a backup:

"the following items were excluded from backup due to a system memory"

Kies warns before the backup initialises that it is not backing up Applications, of which I have 384mb of apps due to system memory on the device.

At the end of the backup, as long as I uncheck Applications - otherwise Backup fails every time - I get a list of items which could not be backed up due to the error shown above, these are:

Message, Email, Preferences and ringtones, Network settings and bookmarks, Call log, Applications, S Memo.

By device, does this mean the phone or my laptop? I have a fairly high spec laptop with 8gb RAM on Windows XP Pro x64.

What does this error mean and how can I resolve it?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi and Welcome to the forums Grant. :hello:

By device, I think it would mean your phone. I've searched and can't find the reason or solution for that error. About the only helpful suggestion I can offer is what I posted above using apps and Google to backup your phone. You might also try the Galaxy S3 forum and see if anyone has a clue what that error may mean with your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones