• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with weather and facebook alternative?

TKollman88

May 4, 2010
So I woke up this morning and had an update and as far as I can tell it installed fine, but now my clock widget won't display the weather. It just says the city I'm in. If I go in and manually refresh it then it will work but when I go into an app or lock the screen in doesn't show up anymore until go in and refresh it manually. I have tried resetting the phone with no luck, Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I think I may have figured it out. There is an option it the settings to update automatically but I never selected that before. Why would the update deselect it?

Also, I was wondering if any of you guys know of and alternative to facebook for andriod? I don't like how there is not a chat option and when you go to your notifications it won't take you to the comment (or whatever the notification is about) without bringing up the internet. Is there a way to do those in the app?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones