• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems + Question

BANKROLL090

Sep 12, 2010
So its been about a month and a half that I've had my captivate. I've had a few problems with the phone and have searched them, I have found most have the same problems but no one gives any answers to what you can do to fix it.

Problems:
.phone restarts at random times until the battery is taken out and put back in
.text messages delete at random times
.phone does not sync with Facebook
.it does not retrieve e-mails
.gets a bit laggy at times for a 1gHz processor
.seems like the side buttons seems a smashed in and do not "click" properly

Does anyone have any answers to these problems?

Also I wanted to do a factory restore so how can I save my files/ contacts/ etc before I do this to see if it fixes any of the problems.

Any help on how to backup my phone would be great..

Thanks,

BANKROLL090

I can't say anything about most of your problems, but I did have an issue with facebook when I first got my phone. To get my contacts to sync I had to remove the facebook application, and remove the existing sync profile. I rebooted the phone. DO NOT reinstall facebook. Setup the sync first, make sure that finishes, and THEN install the facebook app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones