• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with Galaxy SII: turning off

ParisGirl

Lurker
Dec 4, 2012
Hi,

I am a bit technologically challenged and need some assistance. I have a new Galaxy SII that keeps switching off for no reason. The only way to restart it is to take the battery out and put it back in. However, instead of having to do this every once in a while, I have had to do this daily. I took it to the shop. They updated the software, but when I got home, three hours later after downloading Google Play (I no longer had it when everything had been "undone" at the shop), it turned off. Can anyone help me with this?

Then when I charged the phone, the phone and the charger heated. Is this normal?

Thank you!

(Oh, yes... I am in Paris, if this makes a difference.)

First off welcome to the forums ParisGirl i have moved this thread into the Galaxy S2 international forum so that you can get some better assistance.

Heating up during charging is sometimes typical, but how hot are we talking here?

And have you tried performing a factory reset on the device, when my device kept turning off a factory reset fixed my issues.

Reactions: ParisGirl
Upvote 0
First off welcome to the forums ParisGirl i have moved this thread into the Galaxy S2 international forum so that you can get some better assistance.

Heating up during charging is sometimes typical, but how hot are we talking here?

And have you tried performing a factory reset on the device, when my device kept turning off a factory reset fixed my issues.
Hello,

This is good information. Thank you. I am not sure if a factory reset is what they did when I took the phone to the shop. Tomorrow, I will call and ask.

The heating may be normal. I've read a number of comments regarding that.

Again, thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones