• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with Google Voice (voicemail)

quagmire

Jan 12, 2010
I am running AOSP 3/26 build and up until a few days ago I was successfully using Google Voice for my voicemail. My wife tried to call me today and when I didn't answer it went to voicemail and she got the message "please enter the number you wish to dial followed by the pound sign" and then the message repeats if you don't enter a number.

I am getting no notification of any voicemail either. Any ideas?

When you set up your GV did you forward it to the number provided for Sprint

I am running AOSP 3/26 build and up until a few days ago I was successfully using Google Voice for my voicemail. My wife tried to call me today and when I didn't answer it went to voicemail and she got the message "please enter the number you wish to dial followed by the pound sign" and then the message repeats if you don't enter a number.

I am getting no notification of any voicemail either. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Here found this on the GV forum, worth a shot if you did forward correctly, read below, if you are still having issues you can try Youmail it is also free and has many more options, at least you know you have options

I had the same issue this morning. So I did two things, not sure which one fixed it.

1. I reset my pin, and then set up my google voice mail greeting following the directions.

2. I went to the google voice forwarding setting and deleted the forwarding first. Then I added it back.

After these two steps, the phone number started working again. Hope this helps.
Or try this, below

I was having the same problem and it turned out to be an issue with AT&T forwarding the calls to my GV mailbox. To resolve the issue, I went to 'Phones' in GV and clicked 'Deactivate Google voicemail on this phone', followed the instructions to disable forwarding, then clicked 'Activate Google voicemail on this phone' and followed the instructions to set it back up. Now it seems to work fine..

Upvote 0
Try Youmail, also you did transfer your phone to your GV number ??

Well, I tried both fixes and still not getting any voicemail fro GV. I deactivated my phone, unistalled GV and reinstalled and still nada :mad:

I guess I'll switch back to sprint's voicemail service until they integrate with google voice.

Reactions: quagmire
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones