• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quality of the Galaxy 551's earphones

Hi everyone,

The earphones that came with my Galaxy 551 could be sumed up in one word : crap. After some days of use, they started do vibrate in a very unpleasant way upon listening to voice / music. I found out that biting them softly solved the problem at first, but not any more.

So, some questions :
1. am I the only one ?
2. I'm considering to return these underperforming earphones (to say the least) to the reseller for an exchange - would that work ?
3. I found that pluging a standard earphone (one for, says, a PSP, with a 3 contacts jack socket while the provided earphones have a 4 contacts jack socket) does produce sound, but with a much lower volume. Can anyone give me a pointer to a cheap but trustworthy, tried and true earphone for the Galaxy 551 ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones