• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about 3G Data+phone

musikat

May 17, 2010
I have read in a couple of places that in 3G (which is most of the time right now) the EVO can't do data and phone at the same time. What does that mean, exactly?

If I am browsing the web, will a call still come in?

Or does it simply mean I can't be on bluetooth on a call and look something up simultaneously? I can live with that but don't want to lose the "phone" part of the phone, if it's the former.

Also, a related question, for those who have already used this phone. When the phone is idling (in the car, for example), what steps and how many are there to answer the phone? I currently have a Moment with a dedicated answer key (no need to unlock the screen). How does this work on the Evo?

I have read in a couple of places that in 3G (which is most of the time right now) the EVO can't do data and phone at the same time. What does that mean, exactly?

If I am browsing the web, will a call still come in?

Or does it simply mean I can't be on bluetooth on a call and look something up simultaneously? I can live with that but don't want to lose the "phone" part of the phone, if it's the former.

Also, a related question, for those who have already used this phone. When the phone is idling (in the car, for example), what steps and how many are there to answer the phone? I currently have a Moment with a dedicated answer key (no need to unlock the screen). How does this work on the Evo?
if u are browsing the web, it will pause the data session and the call will come through.....to answer the phone u have to slide an unlock bar down and thats it

Reactions: musikat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones