• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about performing a factory reset.

Raekwon

Jul 31, 2010
US
I have been reading some posts about the internal memory on the Evo being super low despite not having much on the phone. In just about all cases a factory reset fixed this issue. Ive got about 40 Mb of internal memory left and I can not find anything else to delete. Any app I have that can be on my SD card are, as well as pictures. I would like to try this factory reset but I would like to make sure I can quickly get everything back to how it looks now as far as my wallpaper, apps, ringtones and such. Is there a way to back up everything before I reset? should I unmount or remove my SD card before resetting? does that even matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if there is a post covering this already. I couldn't find it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones