• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question for runners

I use tunebelt too (ab84), it's really nice. Still need to get some bluetooth headphones. I will look into edmondo and runkeeper for once I'm done with the program. I will probably need some pacing help after the 5k program.

I liked c25kpro by hoffman, it was very easy to use. I just wanted speed/distance tracking.

I don't know how week 4 and 5 are yet, but here is the (from what I'm aware of) the source of couch to 5k
Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
Yeah its the same program. Week 4 just doesn't seem to make sense. Its a total of 16 minutes of jogging with 5 1/2 minutes of walking breaks. Week 5 is 15 minutes of jogging with 6 minutes of walking breaks. And I can vouch, week 5 is easier IMO.

Thanks, you too!

I'm looking forward to getting that much running time! Having a lot of fun so far.

Upvote 0
Yeah its the same program. Week 4 just doesn't seem to make sense. Its a total of 16 minutes of jogging with 5 1/2 minutes of walking breaks. Week 5 is 15 minutes of jogging with 6 minutes of walking breaks. And I can vouch, week 5 is easier IMO.

That's a pretty typical training program - several weeks of increased effort, followed by an easier week to allow for some recovery. Constantly increasing mileage and effort without leveling off (or taking an easy week) can lead to increased risk for injury.

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to getting that much running time! Having a lot of fun so far.

Yeah, when I started I looked at each week and went, NO WAY! But I have been able to do each one without quitting. And I have some serious weight to lose, so its not like I was in decent shape already. I find loud obnoxious music makes it easier to run, I guess keeps my mind occupied and not thinking about the fact my legs are killing me and my lungs are about to explode ;) j/k, not THAT bad.

Upvote 0
Yeah, when I started I looked at each week and went, NO WAY! But I have been able to do each one without quitting. And I have some serious weight to lose, so its not like I was in decent shape already. I find loud obnoxious music makes it easier to run, I guess keeps my mind occupied and not thinking about the fact my legs are killing me and my lungs are about to explode ;) j/k, not THAT bad.

Truth! When I did my first run on week 2, I was wondering if I could do it, as the first week was good, but I thought I was on my limit. Turns out I had my best average of all, with the last run interval being the best (sub 8 minute mile! woot!). it really really felt good to do that. I am always surprised at how well the human body adapts to change.

My first run was Courtney Love/Hole live through this. It's kind of loud, angry kind of tunes that help...

;->

Upvote 0
That's a pretty typical training program - several weeks of increased effort, followed by an easier week to allow for some recovery. Constantly increasing mileage and effort without leveling off (or taking an easy week) can lead to increased risk for injury.

Makes sense, I used to do that when I weight trained a lot. gotta take care of the machine!

Upvote 0
I use:
  1. CardioTrainer Pro
    1. I love the option of being able to track any type of workout (not just running/walking).
    2. The ability to race against yourself
    3. Mapping of your run and it will who you, how many miles you traveled.
  2. TuneBelt Armband. It's nice that you can still operate the screen while on your arm.
  3. JABR Clipper
    1. Converts regular headphones to bluetooth headphones so that you don't have to deal with cords. I love this item and also includes a mic (if you wanted to take a call).
    2. It gives you the flexiblity of using any normal wired headphones but the freedom of bluetooth. Runs about 2 hours on a single charge.
  4. Sony Active Headphones (don't remember the exact model) but I wanted over the ear water resitant headphones, and these fit the bill.
I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones