• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quicker-Picker-Upper

nick99wj

Apr 7, 2010
So....found out today at my desk that the speaker magnet is stong enough to pick up a few paperclips through the case.

Not useful in anyway, but just thought i'd give you guys something to try out.

I'm surprised that they are willing to put a magnetic that strong in a phone being that electronis and magnetic fields dont play well together

Reactions: Zahav
LOL! tried it. It works! And as far as magnetic fields breaking the phone, it probibly can't happen in this case. A magnet and a piece of wire must be moving relative to one another for any current to be induced in the wire. There is also no magnetic storage to break in the Incredible.

yup yup, its all flash storage so its def safe. I doubt any company that manufactures electronics would let something like the speaker being to strong and frying the computer slip past them haha.

i wish it was strong enough to hold the phone up haha, then you could stick I could stick it under a car or something while i wrench. Or to my belt bucklet whenever girls need to make a call....jk jk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones