• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My family sayz so, so it must be true!"
vs
"Well here's what the A.M.A. and other scientific organizations say on the matter" Hmm.. which is more believable... I wonder...
On a subject such as this, I'd believe my own, or my family members experience which I've had at first hand, before the findings you've posted that are full of averages.

And anyway he never said anything like 'My family said so, so it must be true', he said he had experience, and that his experience differed to the figures you except to be true; he never said IIRC that your figures were wrong, just different. Yet you claim you've proved him wrong?? You can prove somebody else's experiences are wrong because they don't match the average of the statistics you've read?

Upvote 0
On a subject such as this, I'd believe my own, or my family members experience which I've had at first hand, before the findings you've posted that are full of averages.

And anyway he never said anything like 'My family said so, so it must be true', he said he had experience, and that his experience differed to the figures you except to be true; he never said IIRC that your figures were wrong, just different. Yet you claim you've proved him wrong?? You can prove somebody else's experiences are wrong because they don't match the average of the statistics you've read?

Need a Job?

l_0a9302bc75a0bd258ab6ddcfeea28761.jpg

Upvote 0
Sexual Explicit Nature? You just got a network fail.

Maybe this guy can help you fix it.

mechanic_fail.jpg

What do you know about the man in the picture IOWA? Or are you basing you opinion of his ability to help my company's IT policy solely on the picture at face value?

Because the way I see it, there's nothing in the picture to suggest he has any particular knowledge/experience that would be of assistance.

This is the level of analysis of evidence I've come to expect of you IOWA.

Upvote 0
What do you know about the man in the picture IOWA? Or are you basing you opinion of his ability to help my company's IT policy solely on the picture at face value?

Because the way I see it, there's nothing in the picture to suggest he has any particular knowledge/experience that would be of assistance.

This is the level of analysis of evidence I've come to expect of you IOWA.

And that post is exactly the crap MRQS was talking about.

facepalmdoublesmall.jpg

serious-cat.jpg

You related to the cat?

Upvote 0
The weekend is upon us. I suggest those whose egos are boiling over for one reason or another go outdoors and find and experience one of Wordsworth's "spots of time".

This phrase is in the twelfth book of Wordsworth's long poem, The Prelude:

[FONT=&quot] There are in our existence spots of time,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] That with distinct pre-eminence retain[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] A renovating virtue,

whence -- depressed [/FONT][FONT=&quot] By false opinion and contentious thought,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Or aught of heavier or more deadly weight,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

In trivial occupations, and the round[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Of ordinary intercourse

-- our minds[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Are nourished and invisibly repaired...

:)

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
The weekend is upon us. I suggest those whose egos are boiling over for one reason or another go outdoors and find and experience one of Wordsworth's "spots of time".

This phrase is in the twelfth book of Wordsworth's long poem, The Prelude:

[FONT=&quot] There are in our existence spots of time,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] That with distinct pre-eminence retain[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] A renovating virtue,

whence -- depressed [/FONT][FONT=&quot] By false opinion and contentious thought,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Or aught of heavier or more deadly weight,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

In trivial occupations, and the round[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Of ordinary intercourse

-- our minds[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Are nourished and invisibly repaired...

:)

[/FONT]

Sounds like a snippet from NPR.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones