• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radioactive FroYo ROM v1.8.4 **9.2 MFLOP** **Moment-Acclaim Hybrid**

im sorry EDP what i meant to say was do i need the SDX dDE03 ROM or do i need the Sprint factory DE03 rom? i was under the impression that i had to format/flash a specific rom i think.
thanks for your help

You need to have flashed an alternate recovery with root access. The SDX DE03 rom will work fine. If you're rooted, all you need do is place the rom .zip file in your sd card root dir, boot into recovery (vol down, end and call buttons simultaneously), select install from zip, select your file, press home and reboot to system when instructed. Add a program like quick boot and the flash process become almost absurdly easy.

Upvote 0
Got on ship yesterday and it works pretty fantastic. I did enjoy the touchwiz, but launcherpro is sweet enough.

Only question, I don't have a lap top but was trying to test out the wifi tether and was using another moment. When I turn it on the 1st, THEN go under wifi and search on the 2nd moment, I don't see AndroidTether listed.

I'm fairly new to the rooting process but everything seems to be working and running smoothly. Definitely faster than what I was used to and battery life is the best improvement from stock.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. I'm new here... So please forgive me if I am a little slow with stuff. I currently am running MeatCurtains V.2 with Forcystos Recovery 3.11 and a custom theme from the kitchen.

If I wanted to add this rom. Do I go to the kitchen and flash DE03 Stock Rom kernal and DE03 theme template (stock) -FROM KITCHEN!!!- back to my phone in recovery then I can reboot and just add this Radioactive Froyo Rom to SD card and boot into recovery and apply? or Do I need to wipe my phone to STOCK Sprint from the Sprint website and start all over with recovery/root and then add it. What is the best for me to do?

I'm sure I am asking the same question as above however I want to be 100% on this when/if I attempt this later on.

P.S After applying this rom - Then can I use the theme I like by just going back to the kitchen and downloading it into a .zip and adding it in recovery???. Khanning - Classic_noir

Thank you! I apologize in advance if my question is redundant.

Take care!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. I'm new here... So please forgive me if I am a little slow with stuff. I currently am running MeatCurtains V.2 with Forcystos Recovery 3.11 and a custom theme from the kitchen.

If I wanted to add this rom. Do I go to the kitchen and flash DE03 Stock Rom kernal and DE03 theme template (stock) -FROM KITCHEN!!!- back to my phone in recovery then I can reboot and just add this Radioactive Froyo Rom to SD card and boot into recovery and apply? or Do I need to wipe my phone to STOCK Sprint from the Sprint website and start all over with recovery/root and then add it. What is the best for me to do?

I'm sure I am asking the same question as above however I want to be 100% on this when/if I attempt this later on.

P.S After applying this rom - Then can I use the theme I like by just going back to the kitchen and downloading it into a .zip and adding it in recovery???. Khanning - Classic_noir

Thank you! I apologize in advance if my question is redundant.

Take care!

Just put the zip in your sd cards root, boot to recovery and select the zip. You can apply the theme after install. Enjoy.

Reactions: indychic
Upvote 0
Sweet and Simple! Thanks alot.. I just redid my whole phone to Sprint Stock and added root because I was having issues with 3G.. I tried to different kernal/roms and no matter what I do I keep getting 1x 90% of the time. Right now, no kernal/rom etc.. However, still 1x problem. It's obviously a sprint problem and I'm giving it until tomorrow to be fixed.

Thank you for your response, Pasta!

Upvote 0
I'll put in a good word for this rom too. I just rooted my 2 moments a couple of weeks ago and started around 1.62. The wife's phone has been running 1.64 since then. I've been on 1.78 since it came out. Both versions are stable, the phones run a lot quicker than stock, and battery life (at least in 1.78) is great.

I'll add that thanks to the guys over at SDX and all of their work, rooting was easy. If you updated your Moment from 1.6 to 2.1 yourself, you've already gone through the same process you'll use to root your phone. While I haven't posted over at SDX (other than using the "Thank You" button a bunch), I learned a lot just reading posts over there for a couple of hours. I learned to put together zip files to change my start up logo and animations, remove apps in Radioactive Froyo I don't want, and add all of my apps back each time I load a new rom (not necessary, but it cuts about 30 minutes of loading apps and such to about 5 minutes).

A couple of free apps I recommend that can help speed updating along- Astro file manager (can be used to back up your installed apps to your SD card) and BookmarkSB (backs up all of your browser bookmarks to your SD card).

Reactions: Coldcloud
Upvote 0
Is there a homepage for Radioactive where you can get the latest version?

Ah, NVM, I found it:

SDX-Developers

Now, where is the best tutorial for installing this from a-z? Thanx!
Good place to start:
SDX Super Guide

A to Z adapted/stolen from what you'll find over there:

If you need the USB Drivers get them here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/111413/MomentDE03J/Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2.0.0)_V1.2.1060.0.msi

*NOTE* Uninstall any other Samsung updater tools you have, and use the CL14, there is no need to download the newer updater tool, since I have provided all of the files you will need below.

If you need the CL14 Upgrader get it here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/111413/MomentDE03J/SamsungMoment_Update.exe

INSTALL DE03 AND RECOVERY

Download DE03 and recovery and place it into the "C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary" folder for your CL14 Upgrader from Sprint.

Flash using the CL14 Upgrader "SWUpgrade" - VolDown+Camera+End

Reboot, let the phone do it's thing normally till it looks like it is all loaded up

INSTALL Radioactive FroYo

Mount the phone in USB mode so you can copy files to the flash card.

Download and copy http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/noobnl/noobnl-Radioactive-FroYo-romv1.8.6.zip to the root of the SDCard.

Reboot the phone into Recovery - VolDown - Talk - End

Select "Apply Update Zip", Select the Radioactive FroYo rom and press HOME

Reboot, let the phone do it's thing normally till it looks like it is all loaded up.

And while I personally have never had a problem (at least not yet)- there is always a chance you'll screw up your phone. If things don't work, SDX is the place to go to ask questions and get help.

Reactions: ccopeland28
Upvote 0
So far I'm happy with this rom but something is concerning me. after i updated to this rom I had about 60mb free of internal storage. about 20mb more from a custom rom. but since i switched to the radioactive one a few hors ago, my internal storage keeps going down. im down to 40mb now and im not even doing anything. can anyone shed some light on my problem?

Upvote 0
So far I'm happy with this rom but something is concerning me. after i updated to this rom I had about 60mb free of internal storage. about 20mb more from a custom rom. but since i switched to the radioactive one a few hors ago, my internal storage keeps going down. im down to 40mb now and im not even doing anything. can anyone shed some light on my problem?
Strange...checking my phone (but running 1.78, not the latest version) I have 106MB of available space. Hadn't paid much any attention to that though when running stock or previous versions of Radioactive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones