• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random reboots...will root help?

I did the update to 2.2.1 that was pushed out earlier in the month and since then my phone has been randomly rebooting. The phone is bone stock with the exception of running LPP and Fancy Widgets, and I've heard a few recommendations to try uninstalling LPP and see if that's causing the reboots. Frankly, I like the way my phone looks now so I don't want to uninstall anything.

Do you think I can root and run my launcher or do you think I'll still have the random reboots?

Thanks,
Mike

Random reboots can be caused by a bad file/filesystem on your sd card. Are you having problems viewing pics in your Gallery app as well? If so, that's a big clue that something is messed up on your card.

Holy crap!!! This is happening to me!!! When I open the galley app it closes quickly. I thought it was a bad rom flash. Guess I have to backup my sd card, reformat it and factory reset just to make sure. I was getting random reboots with official .340 and other custom roms. Rubix 1.9.5 was the only one not rebooting on me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones