• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random unresponsive screen after JB?

Just curious, to the the folks that are having touch screen freeze, how often do you reboot your phones?

I've only had maybe a single freeze in the last 90 days, but I also reboot my phone daily in the mornings. Just kind of pondering if something like that could help.

Hmm. I never considered that. I'll start doing that, see how it goes.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I've been having the unresponsive touchscreen problem since I switched over to ICS and none of the fixes have really worked for me. I was able to get a logcat and debugreport right after my touchscreen froze. If anyone is tackling this problem I hope these logs will be useful.

How can I get a "logcat" and "debugreport"
If you can tell my how I'll try and get one myself next time I have an unresponsive screen

Upvote 0
How can I get a "logcat" and "debugreport"
If you can tell my how I'll try and get one myself next time I have an unresponsive screen

I turned usb debugging on under settings->developer options and used adb from my computer to get the logs. I think the adb options are just --logcat and --debugreport. You can double check all the options with "adb --help".

Upvote 0
So far with the MI2 update I haven't experienced any unresponsive touchscreen occurrences. Overall my phone seems to be running better as well. I'm curious if anyone else has seen the same improvement with the latest update.

With regard to the touchscreen freezing, I'd love to say the answer is yes, but I need more time to be sure. Even when I had the problem, it was irregular and unpredictable. I've only had the update for two days. I have noticed other improvements, though, so I do have a good feeling about it.

Upvote 0
I have JB on my phone already and just this morning I am getting a system update notification. I am so afraid to update the phone as the move from ICS to JB was so terrible.

Can anyone tell me if this update is stable? I currently have the issue with the screen becoming unresponsive even though I disabled Google Now.

It doesn't happen as often though.

Upvote 0
I have JB on my phone already and just this morning I am getting a system update notification. I am so afraid to update the phone as the move from ICS to JB was so terrible.

Can anyone tell me if this update is stable? I currently have the issue with the screen becoming unresponsive even though I disabled Google Now.

It doesn't happen as often though.

Well, I've been running with this new update for about a week now and have yet to experience the unresponsive touchscreen. Before the update I was getting it probably once every couple days. Ultimately its up to you.

Upvote 0
Well, I've been running with this new update for about a week now and have yet to experience the unresponsive touchscreen. Before the update I was getting it probably once every couple days. Ultimately its up to you.

I did it:

62399d1380810984-my-phone-just-updated-android-update-uploadfromtaptalk1380810981027.jpg

62400d1380811063-my-phone-just-updated-android-update-uploadfromtaptalk1380811060625.jpg

Upvote 0
It has been about two weeks from the latest MI2 update. For people who were experiencing the freezing screen problem with Jelly Bean, how has it been since the latest update? It has seemed like some are still reporting that it is happening but I can't tell if it is any less frequent than before.

Is there anyone who had the screen freezing problem after the initial JB update that hasn't had it in the two weeks since the latest update?

And for people who are still having the problem, is it still happening as frequently or do you think that the update is helping?

Just trying to get an idea if things are better with the MI2 update. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones