1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate My Prof App?

Last Updated:

1. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wish that this app was available for Android, I know that iPhone has one..

Perhaps somebody should tackle it! Or maybe there is already one... anybody know?

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention this. I emailed the people over at RateMyProfessors.com this past semester, and asked if they planned to develop an app for Android. Still haven't gotten a response.

I hope a dev jumps on this quick. It'll make picking classes way easier. I'd gladly pay for it too.

3. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I never got much of a choice when it came to prof's at college. Guess its easier for some other programs but we had maybe TWO different profs for each subject. Sometimes it was only one.

Ah well. I can see the usefulness for places where you *can* choose profs. :)

4. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

if I wasn't so green at programming I'd definitely attempt it.

My school is fairly small, but I was hoping for an app so I could pursue my personal vendetta against my o-chem prof. haha.

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

interesting idea! that site was started here where I live...wish I knew the guy!

I can't imagine it would be cost effective to make an app for them though :(

6. jwmacdon1231

Why?

7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

cause isn't it one of those sites that's used pretty much at the beginning of a semester, and then at the end? i'd be interested to see their site's traffic based on a calendar year. It's not really a site you need to use regularly, just when rating, and then when used as a reference for signing up for your next classes.

8. jwmacdon1231

True.

I know that I'd be using it pretty much all semester. Where I go to school some students are allowed to enroll for classes midway through the semester (based on whether you're a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior). Not to mention that opinions about a prof can go through the entire semester. A professor at the beginning of the semester may be good, but towards the end they become a bit more strict or unfair.

I'd definitely make use of it. Well, that's just me. I can't speak for anyone else. Sop you may be right.