• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What app icon is this

pluresque

Lurker
Nov 1, 2023
Does anybody know what app uses this icon in the middle with heart and a phone? For a context, it might be a samsung app, possibly an old one, but I'm not sure since as far as i know Samsung's health app doesn't use that icon
app.jpg

You are right, it's not Samsung health. I don't recognise it, but that's not surprising because there are literally millions of apps out there so most of the time these queries are for apps nobody has seen before. You might get lucky, but usually your only real hope is to ask the person whose phone the icon was on (these questions are always about icons on other people's phones, and more often than not contain hearts).

You are right, it's not Samsung health. I don't recognise it, but that's not surprising because there are literally millions of apps out there so most of the time these queries are for apps nobody has seen before. You might get lucky, but usually your only real hope is to ask the person whose phone the icon was on (these questions are always about icons on other people's phones, and more often than not contain hearts).
Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize that the majority of the "recognize this icon" questions are the ones with hearts... or some icon that resembles Tinder or dating apps :p

Go figure.

Upvote 0
It is a topic which makes me uncomfortable actually, because we cannot know the circumstances behind it. I suspect most are people who are just insecure, either because of relationship history or just because that's who they are, but some might be controlling creeps who you would not want to help in any way. And we have no way of knowing who is who. So while I'm generally happy to tell someone if the icon is say Digital Wellbeing (the most common answer recently, where it can be answered at all), I'm always left a little uneasy by such questions (as well as by how many of them there are).

Last edited:
It isn't the exact same icon, but it does remind me a bit of Samsung's Device Care before it got redesigned. We're talking say, the Android 8.x era, before Samsung Experience got replaced by One UI.

Given the obvious pedometer icon next to it, however, leads me to believe it's a health app connected to say, a smartwatch, as often if there's a watch or 'smartphone' icon inside the main icon, it's often involving connecting to something. Or connected to something, like a heart rate monitor or ECG that uses bluetooth and phone app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones