• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Read mode doesn't remember where I stopped reading

I just installed Read Mode on my Pixel 3a XL (Android 12). I like it a lot. The only problem is when I need to go to another app or deal with a notification then come back to the article I was reading Read Mode doesn't remember when I left off and goes back to the top of the article. Is there a fix for this?

I read the reviews of the app and saw no mention of saving one's spot while reading. It is a feature that is expected of any e-reader to be useful. The app may be limited to returning to the top of a page or the beginning of an article. If it lacks a user input feature, the app can't know the last line of text read.
The reviews did mention a feature to mark text to save a quote. Perhaps a quick highlight when you exit, and then cancel the quote on return could be a work-a-round. I have no working knowledge of the app so I'm only taking a guess of what might work for you.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones