Read Receipt For Texts

1. cardude720

cardude720 New Member

Hey guys,

Is there an app that offers a read receipt a-la blackberry messenger or iphone? I found a few but they require you to use a different program.

So I would like to use the original text messaging system, but with read receipts...

-Mark

Advertisement
  2. cardude720

cardude720 New Member

oh, and i have read reciepts turned on under settings but it doesnt seem to do anything...
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

You can get "Delivery reports" for text (SMS) messages and "Delivery reports" and "Read reports" for Picture (MMS) messages providing your carrier supports this.
  4. cardude720

cardude720 New Member

My carrier is Sprint. And as I said I have read receipts turned on which doesn't seem to do anything. So is there an app for that? Or am i confused wut read receipts r?

-Mark

Ironass: thx for the response, im not worried about MMS, just SMS. Is there any way I can see if someone has read my text?
  5. cardude720

cardude720 New Member

bueller? do read receipts work on sprint?
  6. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

As stated above it doesn't matter if you tick "read receipts" or "delivery reports" on your settings.. if your network operator / carrier hasn't enabled that service in their functions then it won't work eg. I am with Vodafone Ireland which supports delivery receipts so i get them when at home... Vodafone UK doesn't so I don't get them in texting when in UK (for work).

Gg
  7. It doesnt matter what carrier YOU have, it matters what carrier the person you are texting has, and if they support it.
  8. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that's not entirely correct. My friends in UK don't have this function yet I get delivery reports cos my carrier does support it.