• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Received Desire from Mobilephonedirect.com ??

Parcelforce dropped mine off this morning complete with 4GB SD card and car charger, calls and txt's OK but no internet and on calling T-Mobile because of an error when registering on My T-Mobile they said the phone isn't registered to me yet.

Called Mobilephonedirect and spoke to a helpfull chap Ian who explained approx. 700 Desire units have been shipped from the backlog and as a result they are manually registering each phone, Normally they would register them prior to delivery but due to the backlog they have concentrated getting them out of the door first.

No hassles as it's connected through wifi no problem.

He said hang on for approx. 12 hours, sounds reasonable enough. :)

Had the same Virgin icon for the default internet browser on mine, deleted it and created a new internet shortcut revert back to the default icon.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine yesterday morning and it has just arrived this afternoon via parcel force so it looks like they have cleared backlogs and are living up to the next day delivery as offered. Its just gone on charge, its my first android phone, never even used one before so i hope it lives up to all the hype and i have no problems getting it working.

Upvote 0
I received mine today - also unregistered. I rang T-Mobile and asked them why I couldn't access the internet, and the helpful lady there registered my account over the phone. She had no record of where the phone was purchased, what tariff it was on or anything...I had to tell her what tariff I'd purchased the phone on...

I get that there was a backlog, but what is the use of an unregistered phone!

I'm all sorted though, and anyone else having this issue should just ring T-mobile direct and ask to speak to the customer registration department.

Upvote 0
BigRhino I'm glad yours arrived ....... But as far as I'm concerned MPD are a bunch of unprofessional cowboys!! (would liked to have used a few other choice descriptors)

Was promised categorically for the past 2 days that the phone was on it's way, but of course nothing arrived on either yesterday or today and every time I called them they took my details, put me on hold and never came back ..... to say I'm pi**ed off is an understatement. I've had the thing on pre-order since Mar-10 on an 18mo T-Mobile contract.

But what can you do? I'm sure they don;t give a toss about a lone voice railing at them .... so I've just got to grin and bear it - hopefully it will turn up tomorrow!

Anyhow, rant over and I'm going up the pub to partially drown my sorrows

Upvote 0
brownie, how you change internet to stop virgin media home page???

To remove the icon, hold ya finger on it for a second or two, then drag to delete at the bottom of the screen. The press +, select add application, scroll down to and select internet., internet globe now appears on the desktop.

Select globe to open browser, press menu, press more, scroll down and select settings, top of the page you see an option to set your homepage.

Upvote 0
I bought my Desire from MPD and like many the sim wasn't activated. Rather then going through MPD I just called 150 from my phone and had t-mobile activate the sim direct. They said it would take an hour but 30mins later everything was working and I got a welcome text from them.

Would recommend calling 150 for anybody else with the same issue :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones