1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

recorder app

Last Updated:

1. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im after a recorder app that will record in mp3 as i want to record some live shows/mixes if the digitally imported app...

Advertisement
  2. Bang Bang Boom

anyone?

3. Bang Bang Boom

bump

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I did a search on AppBrain and found a few, but I don't know how much luck you're going to have here.

It depends on your phone's microphone. You might be lucky and have one with a decent microphone (I don't really know what the standard is for an android phone), but it's likely it will only be suited to recording voices. I.e, it will struggle with frequencies above or below the human voice. Similarly, most (if not all) android phones will only have microphone in (not line in), which will also give you poor results.

So as you'd expect, most apps I found seemed to be specifically designed for recording voices. This was the only one I saw that claimed to be able to record music too.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

tape machine records in uncompressed wav, and actually makes good recordings. But again, you are limited to the quality of the microphone, which usually isnt good in phones. You are better off recording directly to the line-in of a laptop or computer.