• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery][CWM] Fully working CWM recovery with nandroid and everything!

not sure what was wrong with fastboot seems just an driver problem but thanks got cwm on it now!

edit: seems when the stock recovery is stuck in bootloop and i hit home plus power than hold that to lg screen comes up than release power it fixs that bootloop where it wipes phone when its powered up.

i had to delete old adb drivers than reinstall :)

Upvote 0
hi guys, i followed all the instructions at the beginning of this thread, but after the zip file is installed, there is a boot loop and i get the cwm recovery menu again, if i restore from my backup its fine the phone works again, but if i dont restore it keeps looping and showing the cwm recovery menu. i will appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Upvote 0
i just got this lg-c800g and i turned it off and now it wont boot up, i have got it to go into restore mode with the little box unpacking but then it stops and reboots then goes to LG screen and hangs and doesnt do anything after that.
i have tried all key combinations to get into recovery and nothing works at all so if anyone can help me that would be awesome iv been searching but there isnt much on the net about this phone

Upvote 0
First, thanks so much for providing a way to get CM9 on the LG C800G (despite the naysayers and LG).

When I use 'adb reboot bootloader' the LG appears to be in fastboot mode but Windows no longer seems to recognize my connected LG C800G, i.e. 'fastboot devices' returns nothing and in Windows I see an Android device in Device Manager with no drivers.

I've tried every way I can think of to resolve this but can't seem to. Is there another way to get CWM on the C800G (apart from using fastboot to erase recovery then flashing with cwmrecovery.img)?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I did not initially because I thought I saw a post that said using dd might not be safe because it does not clear the destination before writing. That seemed to be reinforced by the instructions to erase the recovery partition before flashing. Once I copy using dd then reboot into recovery mode (using the "hardware" option A+F+VolDown+Power) that I'd then get to CWM, right? There's definitely a driver problem. I installed the LGAndroidADBDriver as suggested in another post (including removing the other ADB driver from the LG web site) and still Windows won't recognize the phone when it's in booted into fastboot mode. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
It's a one in a million chance that the right old bytes would be in the right place to cause a problem, but if you're worried you can dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 to do the same thing. (ignore the error about being out of space, that just means it reached the end of the partition and everything is erased properly).

Upvote 0
WOO HOO!

- CWM installed
- CM9 installed
- gapps installed

Just a few "strange" things happened while trying to install gapps. I tried connecting the phone via USB in Windows. No drivers were found (although AndroidADB drivers were installed). This seemed to cause Trebuchet to go really weird. It was very slow to respond, fonts looked strange, etc.
I finally rebooted the phone, removed the SD card and added the gapps zip file, then used CWM recovery to install Google apps.

I'm now in the process of trying to restore some applications and in particular, restore my SMS messages (calendar and contact list seemed to have remained intact).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Again, despite the naysayers and LG's broken promise (so far) to bring ICS to this phone, you've done a great job.

My "contribution" based on my experience is the suggestion to add the following to the instructions:
- what you told me about installing CWM recovery without adb. While using fastboot is probably "easier", i.e.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
dd if=/sdcard/<location of CWM recovery image> of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
Using dd certainly worked well after hours of frustration

- the link to CWM recovery image (to [CWM Recovery][Stock ROM/Radio] LG C800 (T-Mobile MyTouch Q, Bell/Virgin Eclypse) - xda-developers)

- include mention that SuperOneClick requires .NET 2.0. The error it gives without .NET gives no clue whatsoever about the real problem.

Upvote 0
Greetings! I am also having the same issue as chris_l_a.. I can get the phone to register when i run the adb devices command but when i run reboot bootloader it just hangs at the LG logo.. also when i attempt to run fastboot devices it does nothing at all and just refreshes the command prompt. i did manage to get the proper response running the fastboot devices command but i botched the process and was forced to start over and thats when i ran into this current issue. My phone is painfully slow right now as I am running the stock rom at the moment and my frustration level is rising because of this. Is anyone able to lend me a hand in troubleshooting this? What OS is best for deploying this (WinXP or Win7)? I am currently running Win7 x64 Ultimate.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. http://androidforums.com/members/chris_l_a.html

Upvote 0
After LOTS of frustration, I got my LG MyTouch Q (C800) to run CM9 w/ gapps!!!

My phone too had problems with Fastboot, just like chris_l_a and brettvanpelt. ADB no problem, recognized my device, no problems installing LG's drivers, but device would hang out at the LG screen after issuing the adb reboot bootloader command. Fastboot would not recognize my device at all. And the stock ROM doesn't let you hold keys to get there either.

To fix this, I followed chui101's method and (bravely) forced a recovery overwrite. I downloaded CWM Fastboot Image http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1752704, went into adb shell, then issued
dd if=/wherever/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

After this, use adb reboot recovery, and cry tears of joy cuz you FINALLY got rid of the WORST stock ROM ever!!!!

Upvote 0
I got CWM installed and flashed to CM9 two days ago. The solution for me was found by running services.msc on my pc and changing the uPnP service from manual to automatic startup.. After that my pc started to recogniz my phone while in fastboot mode thus allowing me to proceed with flashing to CM9! Many Thanks to Brettvanpelt for posting his problem/solution in this forum.. xda had no such info for me and i was stuck for almost a week.

Upvote 0
OK so...following these instructions I managed to get the CM9 flashed onto my LG-C800...never did get the fastboot command to do anything, but the DD did.

Anyway...now the Cyanogen9 boot screen wit the robot dude and the blue vortex graphics just runs forever...it never boots into the phone. So...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones