• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date/30-Day Money Back - GPS Question

DILands

Android Expert
Apr 8, 2010
King of Prussia PA 19406
OK All - Looks like DietCoke may have been right.

The question is simple - will/could SPRINT push back the 8/31 release date? I would say 99.999....% chance that that will NOT happen.

Given that - and knowing that here are GPS issues that Samsung has alreadt admitted - might they extend the 30 days? Bottom line - one of the things *I* use the device for is GPS. If, at the end of 30 days - it's not working - it's going back.

Yup, if the device is not working the way you think it should, then it should go back.

Will Sprint push back the release date if the GPS problem is real on the Epic? Not likely.

Will Sprint extend the 30 day return policy? Again not likely.

I know that if I am not happy with a device and it is not fulfilling my needs, then I will return it. EVO is a great phone and has great GPS (I hear). That would be my next target, if and only if, the GPS problem is real, and Samsung denies it and doesn't give a date in which they plan to release a fix. Captivate/Vibrant have been out for a month, they have a confirmed time frame for a fix release. If the same goes for the Epic, then I would stay.

*edit* By the way, even if after the 30 day period you are haveing problems, such as GPS, if you push Sprint hard enough they will let you trade your phone for something different. I have read of Moment users doing just that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones