• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Update to Baseband C_01.3E.03P

Not really sure aside from clean wipe and new ROM - which is what I did.

Fab,

If we flash this and our call quality degrades, we'll still need to .SBF and then restore a Nandroid of our previous?

hope that's the case....I was under the impression that the baseband was separate and apart from the ROM though....

hopefully the upgrade will be a major improvement and I won't have to worry about going back! :D

Upvote 0
I think the only way right now to go back to the original baseband is to flash the 2.0.1 SBF.

If someone could extract the baseband out of that, it would probably be really easy to make an update.zip for it.

But, I don't think that's been done.

The baseband is separate from the ROM, so no matter how many times you wipe your ROM, the baseband sticks.

Upvote 0
wow, i was kinda scared to do the upgrade, just in case something went wrong.. tried activating 3 times and it failed every time, but the 4th time was a success. phone stayed on 1x for a min or so, back to 3g now. thanks, i'll be testing it now :D

edit: wish i would've thought about it before.. incase anyone hasn't done it, care to do a speed test before/after? i use mine to tether, so next time i do that I may get a decent idea.. just curious how it looks on paper.

Upvote 0
wow, i was kinda scared to do the upgrade, just in case something went wrong.. tried activating 3 times and it failed every time, but the 4th time was a success. phone stayed on 1x for a min or so, back to 3g now. thanks, i'll be testing it now :D

edit: wish i would've thought about it before.. incase anyone hasn't done it, care to do a speed test before/after? i use mine to tether, so next time i do that I may get a decent idea.. just curious how it looks on paper.

Since you are a little late to the party (the baseband in this thread was released 2.5 months ago), the newest baseband was just leaked at the same time as the Froyo leak: Holy Cow, Another MyDroidRelease - Updated Radio File. This one is C_01.41.00R :D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones