Support Remove default apps without root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alex_ncfc, Jul 27, 2012.

1. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    UK
    I just upgraded to this phone recently. Is there any way to remove the junk apps I do not want (Google+ for a start!) without rooting? Being it's brand new I don't want to mess about with rooting yet, unless there is a really simple way to do it like there was on my Xperia X10 (Flashtool)

Any suggestions would be great

Advertisement
  2. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I think you can not complete the operation without rooting process. Most android phones require rooting to uninstall the default apps.

3. Del1701

Del1701 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Driving Instructor
    Near Dartford, Kent
    You can disable some of these apps in ics

alex_ncfc likes this.
  4. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for your reply. How would I go about this? It's like when you buy a laptop and they load it up with all the junk you don't want, but at least on a new laptop or PC I have the option to uninstall what I don't want or need.

5. Del1701

Del1701 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Driving Instructor
    Near Dartford, Kent
    If you go into, settings, apps, all, and then select the ones you want to disable on some of them there should be a button that says "disable" press that and it should disable them for you, but it only works for some of them ;)

STdemoniac and alex_ncfc like this.
  6. STdemoniac

STdemoniac Active Member

Feb 21, 2011
    thanks !!! i ready disabled facebook extensions and twiter, also possible disable live walpapers and may something more ;)