Remove default apps without root?Support

Last Updated:

1. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to this phone recently. Is there any way to remove the junk apps I do not want (Google+ for a start!) without rooting? Being it's brand new I don't want to mess about with rooting yet, unless there is a really simple way to do it like there was on my Xperia X10 (Flashtool)

Any suggestions would be great

2. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

I think you can not complete the operation without rooting process. Most android phones require rooting to uninstall the default apps.
  3. Del1701

Del1701 Well-Known Member

You can disable some of these apps in ics
    alex_ncfc likes this.
  4. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. How would I go about this? It's like when you buy a laptop and they load it up with all the junk you don't want, but at least on a new laptop or PC I have the option to uninstall what I don't want or need.
  5. Del1701

Del1701 Well-Known Member

If you go into, settings, apps, all, and then select the ones you want to disable on some of them there should be a button that says "disable" press that and it should disable them for you, but it only works for some of them ;)
    STdemoniac and alex_ncfc like this.
  6. STdemoniac

STdemoniac Active Member

thanks !!! i ready disabled facebook extensions and twiter, also possible disable live walpapers and may something more ;)