• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Bloatware---Problems

Lastride25

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
I am trying to remove the at&t from my (new) Xperia X10. I have installed universal android, superuser.apk, Titanium Backup, and Android Mate. when I try to uninstall the bloatware, my phone says the uninstall was unsuccessful. I have read that I should go to settings--applications-- and click unknown apps...the problem is that I do not have that option. I figure I can't be the first to run into this problem.

Help!!!

My AT&T x10 didn't show the "Unknown Sources" option until it was successfully rooted. It took a couple days fiddling, several posts on this board (Thanks again, x10iUser) before I got the the rooting to stick using this method, on x10iUser's suggestion.

Titanium Backup is now running on my phone & there's no more AT&T apps. I even removed some extra apps per the steps at the bottom of the linked thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones