• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Replace HTC Dialer with DialerOne (Vanilla Clone)

I am finding it pretty laggy and also can't dial ##778 using Dialer One

I am using sensable 2.0 -- is there a way to replace Dialer One with stock while using this ROM or just to add Stock to phone in order to be able to dial ##778?

HC

I am having the same issue with ##778, I can not access the programming features. I no longer have the NAND back up of either of the ROMs I'm running with the stock dialer. By the way, I think this is an issue with the dialer, not specific ROMs. I have the issue on Ivan's 0.8T2 and the eris21official.

I would also be interested in being able to flash the stock dialer or have the option if anyone knows where to get it.

Other option would be to flash the desired ROM again and start over with the customizing.

Finally, the dialer is not laggy to me, pops up when I press the phone or send button and scrolls seamlessly. I will say there is an initial lag after you reboot the phone. I also like the feature to hide contact pics.

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue with ##778, I can not access the programming features. I no longer have the NAND back up of either of the ROMs I'm running with the stock dialer. By the way, I think this is an issue with the dialer, not specific ROMs. I have the issue on Ivan's 0.8T2 and the eris21official.

I would also be interested in being able to flash the stock dialer or have the option if anyone knows where to get it.

Other option would be to flash the desired ROM again and start over with the customizing.

Finally, the dialer is not laggy to me, pops up when I press the phone or send button and scrolls seamlessly. I will say there is an initial lag after you reboot the phone. I also like the feature to hide contact pics.

I have a nand back up of my original. I still like dialer one, what would be best for right now is the ability to add as optional the original dialer.

Upvote 0
FWIW, I did a full wipe and flash of Ivan's 0.8T2, just make sure I wasn't missing anything with the stock dialer. While I had the stock dialer again I checked my slot cycle via ##778 and it was set to 0, which is what I set it to in 1.5 (can't remember if I checked and updated after rooting or not). Either way, those settings will save after a wipe and flash.

Upvote 0
has anyone been able to figure out how to get customer ringers for different contacts with this patch? that is something i really need. or a patch to go back to stock dialer?
You can't set a custom ringtone through contacts? I see the option under my contacts and can change the ringtones, but haven't verified the ringtone actually plays.

Upvote 0
You can't set a custom ringtone through contacts? I see the option under my contacts and can change the ringtones, but haven't verified the ringtone actually plays.

yes you can change them in contacts but when that person calls, it plays default ringtone. i like having a different ringer to know if i should answer it or just ignore. :)

Upvote 0
The error is because you are probably running a rom with apps2sd. This update was made before apps2sd was implemented on the Eris. I fixed it to install for apps2sd roms for someone else if you want to use it..DialerOneUpdate
I take no credit for this just changed it to install on an apps2sd rom. PLEASE, PLEASE do a Nand backup first as you can't uninstall this and put the original dialer back on without reflashing your rom. Also if you use this update then your individual ringtones won't work. It will use your default ringtone for all contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones