Restarts have started again..already did a hard reset

Last Updated:

1. fayester

fayester Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a hard reset about a 2 weeks ago when the random restarts began. Today they are back in full force. I am once again sitting here watching my phone acting as if it is now the electronic vessel for some demon. I thought the hard reset would have solved this issue? Am I going to have to do another..(and another?) The only changes that have occured since my last hard reset are:
    PRL update (over 1 week ago)
    Profile update (over 1 week ago)
    GSM to CDMA (over 1 week ago)
    Reformatted the SD card (Monday night)

Best Buy has some ridiculous waiting list with a crap load of people on it. I am doubtful I will be able to get a replacement before the 30 days is up.

Any thoughts?

***EDIT: Since I've written this it has reset itself twice.

Advertisement
  2. fayester

Yeah I'm bumping...

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Its probably faulty hardware or its one of the apps/widgets you're using. Either take it back and be done with it or get it replaced. If the next one does it, it's one of your apps.

4. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

My son is on the waiting list at Radio Shack to replace his that's doing the same thing.

My guess is that it's not an app, as he hasn't downloaded many to begin with, and the ones he did, they were pretty standard that people download here.

He reset his last week, and no resets so far, but hearing your story doesn't sound promising for his phone.

Good luck!

5. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I know it is a bit much to ask but can we get a list of the Apps you have installed? And is GPS on? if it is turn it off and see if it stops resetting

6. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

if you really love this phone but can't get it replaced right now, i'd go get a refund, buy a pre-paid phone or something, and wait a month and try again. bestbuy is playing games.

i made sure to buy their insurance for my phone. so if any of this, or anything, happened to my phone, i'd just smash the screen in and go get a brand new one from them.

7. gapoochi

gapoochi Member

i had the same situation....hard reset helped for a few days but then they came back.
    i got a replacement. No reason my phone should be doing that. after the hard reset i put almost nothing on my phone in terms of apps. still started again.

8. fayester

These are the apps I have on my phone:
    Handcent
    Touchdown
    Dolphin HD
    Astro
    MyBackupPro
    No Lock
    Battery Life
    FreeATM
    Barcode Scanner
    OpenTable
    Urbanspoon
    TipCalc
    AppBrain
    PktAuction
    Flixster
    Shazam
    Meridian
    WC 2010
    Pandora
    Agenda Widget
    Bookmarks to SD
    Mobile Banking (BOFA)

GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, 4G are turned off..they are never on.

My battery life has also taken a major hit since the resets have started today.

9. fayester

I will be heading to BB tonight in a little bit. Not only is this happening, but the screen is starting to lift. I sold my Hero and will have to use the Touch I have. I see me returning this phone becoming a major hassle tonight because my BB is idiot town.

10. fayester

2 weeks and its back :(. Time to move all my crap to my external hard drive.

11. jdbyrd

jdbyrd Member

the hard reset pissed me off because it was like a glipse of heaven...the phone was STELLAR for like 3 days afterwards, meaning I had insanely improved battery life and no resets...then out of nowhere it started to foul up again... :(

12. fayester

Called 3 different BB stores. Just got off the phone with Best Buy in a different town..they got 14 new phones left from a shipment they got yesterday. Long ass drive ahead of me. Please let this be a smooth transaction!

13. jdbyrd

jdbyrd Member

good luck...did you put a screen cover on the front? Just wondering if you bought a cover there too if they will replace it b/c you obviously can't take one off the old and put on the new...lol

14. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Good luck.... Sounds like the exchange will be the best thing to do. I have a hunch that No Lock is your culprit though. Read on another forum a few times that that was a suspect. Or your ATM is killing a needed service

15. hodgsonevo

hodgsonevo Active Member

I think the problem is no lock... uninstall it and see what happens

16. fayester

It was doing the reboots before I installed No Lock. I should have added to my post that No Lock was a recent addition after the first hard reset.

Just got back from BB in west Bumblefck. Got a brand new phone with no issue. Currently on the phone with Sprint. It was nice to see 2 people there activating new Evos....I assured them that my problem was def not reflective of the phone and it is an awesome phone. They seemed thrilled and started oogling my case. Then I convinced this other guy to buy the phone...He paid full price. I should have gotten commission.

All is well for now. :D

17. jdbyrd

jdbyrd Member

great!!! any news on the screen protector? j/w