• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Retro Games - Sega, Nes, PS1 and others

Shadea

Apr 2, 2023
I suggest that we discuss here retro games from our childhood.
Are there many people here who had the legendary Sega, Nes, Snes, PS1 and many others. I had Sega Genesis and PlayStation 1 as well as Nes when I was a kid. Who had what consoles as a kid?
My favorite games on these wonderful platforms:
Battletoads (Nes).
Jim Worm 1, 2 (Sega)
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimates (Sega)
On PS1, played a lot with a friend in Varant Story
Of course these are not all the games I've played. These are my favorites.
Does anyone play these consoles now?

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
The console I had as a kid was a Binatone TV Master. That could play football("soccer"), tennis, squash, and a couple of shooting games using an orange plastic pistol. Was a Christmas present in 1977.
Binatone TV master.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suggest that we discuss here retro games from our childhood.
Are there many people here who had the legendary Sega, Nes, Snes, PS1 and many others. I had Sega Genesis and PlayStation 1 as well as Nes when I was a kid. Who had what consoles as a kid?
My favorite games on these wonderful platforms:
Battletoads (Nes).
Jim Worm 1, 2 (Sega)
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimates (Sega)
On PS1, played a lot with a friend in Varant Story
Of course these are not all the games I've played. These are my favorites.
Does anyone play these consoles now?
Don't you mean Earthworm Jim?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My very first console was the Playstation, the 1st one. Had many great times on that system, from NHL 98, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7,8,9, Dino Crisis and so many more. Moved on to the PS2, Dreamcast, which had an outstanding NFL 2K game, PS3 playing Mass Effect 3, and many more. Then got the Nintendo Wii for Wii sports bowling.... And since then have called it quits with gaming.

Upvote 0
The console I had as a kid was a Binatone TV Master. That could play football("soccer"), tennis, squash, and a couple of shooting games using an orange plastic pistol. Was a Christmas present in 1977.
View attachment 166364
Wow, interesting stuff. It's the first time I've seen a console like that. I'll have to read up on it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
We still have my daughter's Nintendo DS and as a 46 year old I'm not ashamed to admit I play Super Mario Bros on it from time to time :giggle:
We are almost the same age, I just turned 44 hahaha :)

Yeah got to love SMB, hell I wear socks of them all, I know what character goes in each game by heart :)

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
SNES: FF3, Chrono Trigger, Killer instinct from time to time. SMB all stars! :)

Gameboy, well the Super gameboy, I had a small x-men game, as well as many Mega Man games I could get my hands on it.

N64: Glover, oh Killer Instinct Gold, as well as SMB from time to time, as well as Forsaken 64 from time to time.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
My very first console was the Playstation, the 1st one. Had many great times on that system, from NHL 98, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7,8,9, Dino Crisis and so many more. Moved on to the PS2, Dreamcast, which had an outstanding NFL 2K game, PS3 playing Mass Effect 3, and many more. Then got the Nintendo Wii for Wii sports bowling.... And since then have called it quits with gaming.
Yes Dreamcast, oh the amazing controls, as well as I married to MVC2 soooooo many years into it, hahaa.. Also SF3. And a few other games, such as Evolution rpg.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones