• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Return to Stock Kernal

First of all, the support on these forums and over at XDA is amazing, all you folks are great. I've run into a slight problem. I will try to be as thorough as possible with my description.

I rooted about a month ago with Unrevoked. It went great, no problems, all functions of the phone are great. I have never flashed a custom ROM as I am happy with the stock Sense UI. I removed only two bloatware apps, Football and Peep. A week ago I flashed a custom kernel
SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 More Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-cfs-v7.zip

It seemed that install went well. in conjunction wet SetCPU battery life was significantly increased and phone seemed to not loose any functionality. I had not used the front facing camera since the custom kernel flash until today. When I switched cameras the phone clicked like normal but stayed with the regular rear facing camera. I troubleshooted a bit, googled, searched this and XDA's forum, reboot, all the normal stuff with no fix. So, I decided to flash the stock kernel to try and pinpoint some problems. Using the beginners guide found on this forum I downloaded the stock kernel and attempted to flash it (after clearing partition cache and dalvik cache).
Part way into the flash it aborted and said it was aborting. So, I then decided to try and flash
SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 Non-Havs CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-nonhavs-cfs-v7.zip

The flash appeared successful, no errors. When The phone rebooted (which seemed to work fine) I checked the about phone section in the settings. It states that I still have the original custom kernel flashed
SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 More Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-cfs-v7.zip

Not

SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 Non-Havs CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-nonhavs-cfs-v7.zip

Not quite sure what to do from here. I'd like to flash the stock kernel if I can. Thank you for any help you may have.

Some notes:
When wiping dalvik cache it states "e:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]"
Clockworkmod Recovery version is 3.0.0.5
My phone was purchased just over a month ago so it came with stock android 2.2
Everything (including the better battery life) works great on my phone, except for the front facing camera

I honestly can not thank you all enough for any help you may have. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones