• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ring tone post?

I had a few questions about ringtones that I posted yesterday in a post... and it's not there anymore? anyone know what might of happened to it?

something went wrong alright....i responded to your post yesterday and then the whole site went haywire.... so here is the response to the ringtone question... i had just responded to a similar question yesterday on another forum and here is what i posted...

i here a lot about the ringtone file size being limited to 300kb.... this not true...the phone does support an unlimited files size...in the description of the Aria(at least where i bought mine) it states that songs can used as ringtones with out limits of size or length (length isn't to much of a factor as voicemail will eventually kick in).. the problem is that there is no explanation on how to do this in the manual (except the default way which is limited) there many ringtone picking apps in the market that will accomplish this...

install any kind of ringtone picker like Tone Picker or something similar, i already have handcent sms text messenger installed so i will use this as the example( as i don't want to install another app if i don't have to)

1. install the Handcent sms text messaging app from the market... it is free and far better than the stock messenger

1.1 For default ringtone go to settings/personalize/default ringtone

1.2 you will now get a pop up, hit the " select music "option(it has the handcent logo or the logo and name of which picker you have installed) then select "music " now a list of music, mp3...etc.... will be listed... now select the song you want...(now this will start from the beginning of the song...so you will need to edit the song to your likes before hand obviously... i use Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker ...free and you can download direct from there once finished with out forking over any information like your phone number....etc

1.3 For an individual contact go to contacts and select the contact you want... no need to hit edit just hit ringtone ... follow instructions on 1.2

i hope this helps all who have ran into this problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones