• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone for Unknown Numbers?

morlaine

Lurker
Aug 25, 2012
Hi,
I'm new to this group as I just got this Samsung Galaxy Ace two days ago after much urging from a friend of mine. My old phone made/received calls and stored numbers, so you can imagine how telephonically challenged I am. :)
My question for this post: Is it possible to set a ringtone for those calls that come in that are displayed as Personal or Unknown Numbers? If I can it will help me decide if I want to run to answer the phone when I'm in another part of the house, or will I let them call me back.
Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide, morlaine

It is possible to give a separate ringtone to people who exist in your contacts list. If your requirement is only to differentiate between those who exist in your contacts list & those who don’t then put all of the in one group & assign them a ringtone. So when you hear the assigned ringtone you know its someone from your contacts list, if it’s the default ringtone then you know it’s somebody else.

PS: Don’t want to confuse you but there have been instances this does not seem to work for some & has been discussed in this forum then in that case you will have to assign the ‘special' ringtone to those who exist in your contacts list individually (can be a pain if your list is large)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones