• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtone Issues?

momo5

Dec 17, 2010
I downloaded a couple of ringtones from myxer.com. Since they downloaded in mp3 format, I'm able to listen to them in winamp and they sound good.

When I go to my ringtones, I dont see the two files. So I opened them up in ringdroid and saved them as my default ringtone. The problem is, when my phone rings, the audio file I picked rings, but it skips like every 2 seconds and sounds really weird. At the same time I can go back through the mp3 player I use on the phone and i sounds fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, and there is an app called ringdroid that is totally worth having. It will turn any mp3 file into a ringtone, and here's the cool part, you choose when and where it starts it's 15 second loop. A lot of folks have told me it isn't worth it because the stock android ringtone picker will do it, but it is not anywhere near as customizable as ringdroid makes it. Pair ringdroid with the music junk app and you have unlimited, totally customizable ringtones for free. Good luck, hope that helps....;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, and there is an app called ringdroid that is totally worth having. It will turn any mp3 file into a ringtone, and here's the cool part, you choose when and where it starts it's 15 second loop. A lot of folks have told me it isn't worth it because the stock android ringtone picker will do it, but it is not anywhere near as customizable as ringdroid makes it. Pair ringdroid with the music junk app and you have unlimited, totally customizable ringtones for free. Good luck, hope that helps....;)

+1 for the musicjunk/ringdroid combo!!!

Upvote 0
Yep, doesn't show up in the new Market - http://market.android.com

But - the website is here - Free Ringtones - Mabilo

More of a hassle, but you can just download them to (or copy after download to) the right folder - http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/5930-definitive-androids-folder-structure.html#post37140

Gotta say - still liking Aru Ringtones.

Brings me to a question - for those using the /media/ringtones folder - Aru doesn't, it uses its own.

Problem is - then the ringtones _insist_ on showing up in the Music Player.

When I put a ".nomedia" file in the Aru folder, it kept the ringtones out of the Music Player - and immediately dis-associated the ringtones from the contacts. :(

Anybuddy found a way around this - or does putting things in Android's reserved folders simply fix this problem by design?

PS - I used to use Rings Extended to find ringtones for Android in any folder, but I've not used it since 2.1 - maybe that's the work-around... messy though, very messy, because Aru saves the ringtone names as alphabet soup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones