• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Roaming, and not being able to send messages.

Ive owned the mesmerize for a few months now, for the most part very happy with the phone.
Ive experienced the fairly common "new/old texts sent to random contacts" bug, this is pretty irritating and hope it gets fixed soon...
but recently experienced a new one recently.
This has happened to me three times already and Its pretty irritating.
I will be talking back and forth with a couple people for awhile on the stock messaging app with no problems then all of a sudden no matter what I do every message sent will fail. No matter who I try to send a message to they will all fail, at the same time this is happening the phone with be "digital roaming" which is strange being Ive never had a signal loss problem living in Chicago and its the only time Ive ever noticed it. Last time this happened, (yesterday) I had to power off 3 times before it would work at all...
anyone else running into this problem?

Did you ever have any of the Google confirmed "text message bugs"?
Im all stock 2.1, and when I spoke with the tech peoples at uscellular they told me its caused by low memory. sometimes ill click a name to send a message and if not paying attention it is sent to the wrong person. but the worst of this bug is when it just starts sending old messages that I haven't sent in days to people im talking with,this can be no bueno.
but yea Im thinking about giving them a call about the roaming text failed bug just to see if they have heard anything being I cant find anything about it on the net.

Upvote 0
a little off topic from the original post, but have you guys experienced any problems with putting the phone to sleep? sometimes it just refuses to sleep but the button works being I can hold it for the shutoff menu. this is pretty intermittent as well maybe every other day. not a big deal as it auto shuts off after 30 seconds just figure its best to ask.
thanks again guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones