• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

Is the TWRP supposed to be so large (776 mb)? Also do I need to have it on my phone's internal memory in order for it to work? I also spotted something called "sideload.zip" (298 mb). I'm just asking because lately I've been having issues with installing apps, and updating them. I keep getting the "insufficient space" notification, despite having around 200 mb of space left on my phone's internal memory.

Upvote 0
Is the TWRP supposed to be so large (776 mb)? Also do I need to have it on my phone's internal memory in order for it to work? I also spotted something called "sideload.zip" (298 mb). I'm just asking because lately I've been having issues with installing apps, and updating them. I keep getting the "insufficient space" notification, despite having around 200 mb of space left on my phone's internal memory.

You probably filled up your internal storage with backups from TWRP. Backing up to the SD card is perfectly fine, and will save you greatly on internal space. I always use the SD for it, and, as of this moment, I have 1.71gb of free space on the internal side. Side load is for ADB, and I'm not sure it works with the current TWRP.
Edit: Almost forgot. That 776mb in TWRP, yes perfectly normal. Backups usually take up anywhere between 450mb, on up to a solid 800mb or so. It depends how many apps you have installed and the ROM your running.

Upvote 0
I have a question. Can I use link2sd with this ROM to move apps and data to SD? I searched and did not find it answered.

I just got a new AWE and first thing I did was flashing this ROM. I had some problems with the drivers but eventually I got everything to work.

Great work, so far I am loving it. I love that tethering works. I never got it to work with CM-based ROM on my other phone. Still going reading through the thread...

Upvote 0
I can down load any Roms I try flashing black moon and it messed up my SDcard iI got a new one can't get passed the pass code thing I gotta phone with no ROM on it lol

Maybe try an older twrp recovery. I have read others are having problems with the new one but not sure yet. oh you mean you can't download the rom? I can get past the captcha with firefox on y desktop. maybe try another browser.

Upvote 0
I tried to use Mirror Enabler but it doesn't work. The app developer says:

For those STILL having issues,
Check /system/lib/hw directory for the file "audio.r_submix.default.so".
If it doesn't exist, ask your device maintainer to add audio.r_submix.default to
the product_packages in the device.mk file. (You may not know what it means, but they will.)
EXAMPLE (Thanks, @runandhide05!):
Gerrit Code Review

[EXPERIMENTAL] Enable Mirroring from any device - XDA Forums

Upvote 0
I have a question. Can I use link2sd with this ROM to move apps and data to SD? I searched and did not find it answered.

I just got a new AWE and first thing I did was flashing this ROM. I had some problems with the drivers but eventually I got everything to work.

Great work, so far I am loving it. I love that tethering works. I never got it to work with CM-based ROM on my other phone. Still going reading through the thread...

With the amount of internal memory the Awe has why do you want to move them to SD? Apps2SD, link2sd etc were designed for devices with low internal memory. I'll look into it and see if there's a solutions though.
Edit
Here's a good thread with a video...
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/72886/using-over-2gb-sd-card-space-for-link2sd-apps

Upvote 0
Just purchased an AWE rooted installed rom just fine everything is amazingly smooth compared to stock Thank You now i install Tune in Radio app when i am looking at lockscreen the apps controls are half the screen and unusable with the clock laid out underneath taking up the whole screen, when i use Google Play music this issue doesnt occour, is there a way to fix or prevent tunein from putting lockscreen widget up? Thanks for any help

Reactions: edodson84
Upvote 0
Is this ******* malicious software?
NOBODY DOWNLOAD! The app asks for root permissions and then some underlying software continues to request permission after uninstall
Not malware(its a root app) however it is warez(pirated software). This is an $8 dollar app and the link needs to be removed per forum rules.
2a5d8d383d25411100dd217bfb874111.jpg

Root...don't loot. :p

Reactions: edodson84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones