• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][4.2.2][JDQ39][03/06/2013] CM10.1 for SPH-D710VMUB

I just flashed this, and while I'm otherwise loving it...I can't get mp3 ringtones/notifications to work for the life of me. They show up as options, but don't actually play, and instead play the system default sounds. It just seems really odd as that was one of the things that 'just worked' in CM7 on my old Optimus V.

I tried with them in the "sdcard/Ringtones" and "sdcard/Notifications" folders that were already on the internal memory as well as "sdcard/media/audio/ringtones" and "sdcard/media/audio/notifications".

The files play in both Winamp and Apollo.

Upvote 0
is there anyone out there, who in plain english, can tell me how:

to put a decent recovery on this device and how to put 4.4 (or even 4.2.1, have 4.1.2 now) on this darn thing that VM so wonderfully locked up? i have rooted the phone sucessfully.

i am not an idiot, just 30 years as a old fashion programmer/project manager, etc who mostly was in mainframes and dont know crap about unix/linux.

thank you. Sam

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones