• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BOOST/SPRINT][ZVC]Marky Beats v2 beta[updated 7/30]

in other phones I have flashed it does not matter if its boost or sprint. boost "IS" sprint as far as the phone is concerned.

the only difference is MMS and sometimes 3G ??

SO download APN backup and restore and backup your APN's

flash sprint rom. run update run update prl run apn backup and restore your APN's and your golden,

at least thats how my S2 (sprint) on boost works.

Upvote 0
Flashed Marky Beats V2 to my Sprint Marquee last night with the suggested ndno-kernel OC'd to 1.2GHz/1.3GHz V1.5. Ran very smooth and was really impressed, however, I lost my 3G connection and when I attempted to update or download apps from Google Play I would get an error that the device has insufficient storage....???

Device storage was fine both internally and SD wise....any help would greatly be appreciated...

Upvote 0
Flashed Marky Beats V2 to my Sprint Marquee last night with the suggested ndno-kernel OC'd to 1.2GHz/1.3GHz V1.5. Ran very smooth and was really impressed, however, I lost my 3G connection and when I attempted to update or download apps from Google Play I would get an error that the device has insufficient storage....???

Device storage was fine both internally and SD wise....any help would greatly be appreciated...

Try clearing cache in recovery. If that doesn't work clear market cache and Google framework cache. Then reboot

Upvote 0
Go to "Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile networks" and see if 3G data is enabled

Data checked but ended up flashing the Hyper 2.2 kernel and all is good..

I am having an issue with Pandora though....worked last night over wifi but would not work this morning over 3G on my to work...station would load but would not play...might try switching back to last version of Pandora and see how that does...

Upvote 0
I downloaded the md5 sum how do I fix the problem
The md5 is how you know that what you downloaded is what you wanted to download. It is kind of like a barcode that is only correct if you got the complete file. There are apps you can use to check that the md5 for the download matches the one posted. Just google it and you will find what you need to know. Good luck.

Reactions: bestrooted
Upvote 0
The md5 is how you know that what you downloaded is what you wanted to download. It is kind of like a barcode that is only correct if you got the complete file. There are apps you can use to check that the md5 for the download matches the one posted. Just google it and you will find what you need to know. Good luck.

There's an android app in the store for it as well. Or type in terminal "md5 ["filepath.zip"]" without the brackets and quotations

Reactions: bestrooted
Upvote 0
When i try to flash this ROM and then download titanium backup to my phone off of the play store it says "Insufficient memory on device" basically saying i dont have any memory on my device and when i look at the space on my phone it says there is 2gb of storage still left on my internal memory and 1.8gb of storage left on my SD card. i go download titanium backup using the browser on my phone and it will download and install successfully but not from Play Store. can anyone help me with this issue? has anyone else had the same issue?

Upvote 0
When i try to flash this ROM and then download titanium backup to my phone off of the play store it says "Insufficient memory on device" basically saying i dont have any memory on my device and when i look at the space on my phone it says there is 2gb of storage still left on my internal memory and 1.8gb of storage left on my SD card. i go download titanium backup using the browser on my phone and it will download and install successfully but not from Play Store. can anyone help me with this issue? has anyone else had the same issue?

clear data form google services framework as well form the play store then reboot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones