• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CM9 KANG][Alpha] Updated 3.5.5---6/27/12

you guys need to really try out the flash player 10.3 I provided sometime ago. Is a lot smoother and has no problem showing videos such as the green/red lines on some sites, and works with any program that requires flash player, even the stock browser.

it would be helpful if someone got the installer to add the library files automatically so that there's no hassle on having to manually add them and give them the proper permissions.

just a suggestion. If interested look for the "I want adobe flash player back" topic or I can repost the link here. Just let me know.

Upvote 0
So johnny I've had a couple of hours to play around with this thing and let me say for an alpha this bad boy is jumpin out tha gym....I'm not sure how but the first one I downloaded was corrupt and booted but was so jittery that the screen was impossible to see..it wasn't until the second try that it booted normal....antutu benchmark sittin just under 2000 at about1800 and also a suggestion....scrap dolphin hd it force closes to the point that I couldn't even log in....plus it stores the cache on the phon......I suggest using dolphine mini it hasn't force closed or froze the phone once and caches to a server..

...many thanks to u and hroark

Reactions: johnny424
Upvote 0
very nice... That would probably fix the issue with encryption with kernels that mount data to SF.. Could the next person that does a clean install try and see

i did a few clean installs wiping cache...dalvik and factory reset/wipe...wiping my sd card of data and partition..flashed three times and had no issues..booted everytime no issues..:D

Upvote 0
Does this Run at 946 mhz right from the boot? My phone seams to jam contantly with anything over 800 :( Is this able to run at a reasonably usable speed at 800 mhz? Thanks!

wear the kernel in bro...start out at 800 mhz and gradually build the speed up over a few days...900mhz is a pretty reasonable speed to keep it at..inless your benching then you can jack it up..every phone seems to react differently to OC..my phone will OC to 946mhz no problem..my wifes will not go over 900mhz without having a few small issues

Upvote 0
not to sure honestly bro...camera is a problem with most cm9 ROM's currently..except for some htc phones i think they were reverse engineering the camera drivers from different android OS to make it work with CM9..but i think samsung phones have to wait on Samsung to release the camera drivers

as far as your other few apps..have you tried pushing them with ADB maybe? or possibly Root Explorer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones