• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

I love this ROM but if I was going to buy a new phone it would be the Evo 4G. If money were no issue I would quit using this one and get the Evo.

Yeah, I'm torn between the two. My Warp is sadly on its last legs, I feel. Shame, because this phone is nice... But amazon has the marquee for sale for like... 219? Something like that... Which isn't a bad price at all

Upvote 0
I love the rom, but have an issue. The phone will freeze every 1-2 days. I then need to yank the battery out to get it to respond. I'm using the latest version of CTMOod. Haven't installed any themes. Voltage control is using the default setting. I increased the minimum to 500 to see if that would help but still freezes every 1-2 days.

Any suggestions?

same as me, wish i had a solution also.:(

I just restart my phone every night or so before I sleep and face no problems during the day.

Upvote 0
I love the rom, but have an issue. The phone will freeze every 1-2 days. I then need to yank the battery out to get it to respond. I'm using the latest version of CTMOod. Haven't installed any themes. Voltage control is using the default setting. I increased the minimum to 500 to see if that would help but still freezes every 1-2 days.

Any suggestions?

Mines doing the same thing :(

Upvote 0
default.

The battery has been better today vs last night when I was using the included Chrome browser. Maybe Chrome is a battery hog? The phone was very hot to the touch on the top back while using Chrome which seemed unusual.

Try firefox or skyfire. They typically do good for me. Maybe freeze the app and see if it is causing excessive battery drain in the background.

Edit: you may also want to look into AP-CP switching if heat is becoming a problem. My phone runs a lot cooler when in AP mode when charging or excess use.

Upvote 0
Try firefox or skyfire. They typically do good for me. Maybe freeze the app and see if it is causing excessive battery drain in the background.

Edit: you may also want to look into AP-CP switching if heat is becoming a problem. My phone runs a lot cooler when in AP mode when charging or excess use.
1. How do I freeze an app?
2. What is AP-CP switching?

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having trouble getting bluetooth headsets to work? When I have them on they can pair but not connect. File transfer seems ok but even when bluetooth is turned on it takes forever to place a call like ten plus minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the hard work BloodDawn.

Upvote 0
1. How do I freeze an app?
2. What is AP-CP switching?

Use an app like Titanium backup to freeze apps. The ap-cp switching is easy to do. Just follow the directions in the first post and Monster has a post that tells you how to get your msl code if you don't already know how near the bottom. Ap-Cp switching changes how the cpu runs but it's not noticeable during normal use. Ap is a little bit lower performance but it keeps temps lower when charging and also helps conserve a small amount of battery.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/550236-lg-hidden-menu-ap-cp-usb.html

Upvote 0
After a day of using CT, now I have the roaming indicator on. This happened when I went into settings and I briefly saw a window pop up that said something like "please wait, preparing system services." From then on I could only roam. When I switch to sprint only I get a red x on the top status bar.

I've tried going into recovery and reloading CT from there but I get the same problem. Any ideas? My next thought is to load my stock backup but I know its going to try running the LG update and I didnt want to research how to reroot the phone.

Upvote 0
Use an app like Titanium backup to freeze apps. The ap-cp switching is easy to do. Just follow the directions in the first post and Monster has a post that tells you how to get your msl code if you don't already know how near the bottom. Ap-Cp switching changes how the cpu runs but it's not noticeable during normal use. Ap is a little bit lower performance but it keeps temps lower when charging and also helps conserve a small amount of battery.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/550236-lg-hidden-menu-ap-cp-usb.html
thanks, I will take a look at this as soon as I figure out how to fix my latest problem. :) :(

Upvote 0
I used to have roam on when I upgraded PRL. Then I changed PRL to one downloaded from forum, have normal sprint coverage(actually sprint network is not working well recently in my area, roaming give me better coverage).
However you need to be in stock ROM to change PRL with computer.
You can find rooted stock ROM in this thread,
http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-your-updated-lg-marquee-phone-step-step.html
and I suppose you already have cwm, then you can just install the stock, change the prl
http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/582797-guide-update-marquee-prl-pc.html

After a day of using CT, now I have the roaming indicator on. This happened when I went into settings and I briefly saw a window pop up that said something like "please wait, preparing system services." From then on I could only roam. When I switch to sprint only I get a red x on the top status bar.

I've tried going into recovery and reloading CT from there but I get the same problem. Any ideas? My next thought is to load my stock backup but I know its going to try running the LG update and I didnt want to research how to reroot the phone.

Upvote 0
I used to have roam on when I upgraded PRL. Then I changed PRL to one downloaded from forum, have normal sprint coverage(actually sprint network is not working well recently in my area, roaming give me better coverage).
However you need to be in stock ROM to change PRL with computer.
You can find rooted stock ROM in this thread,
http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-your-updated-lg-marquee-phone-step-step.html
and I suppose you already have cwm, then you can just install the stock, change the prl
http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/582797-guide-update-marquee-prl-pc.html

You can swap PRL's using the DFS method on here with the Marky beats rom or stock either one. DFS is easier and quicker in my opinion and doesn't have a trial that runs out like CDMA Workshop.

Upvote 0
So, does anyone else have voltage control governor reverting to "ondemand" randomly and saying "unsaved settings"?

Also when this happens the cpu usually (but not always) sticks on whatever is my max cpu setting for a random amount of time. Usually i just re boot because I dont like my cpu sitting on 1200 for an unknown amount of time.

No freezing or lagging or any of that jazz, just the governor not wanting to stay put.

boot settings saved, caches cleared, permissions fixed, factory reset, and re flash does not solve it.

Upvote 0
So, does anyone else have voltage control governor reverting to "ondemand" randomly and saying "unsaved settings"?

Also when this happens the cpu usually (but not always) sticks on whatever is my max cpu setting for a random amount of time. Usually i just re boot because I dont like my cpu sitting on 1200 for an unknown amount of time.

No freezing or lagging or any of that jazz, just the governor not wanting to stay put.

boot settings saved, caches cleared, permissions fixed, factory reset, and re flash does not solve it.

mine does it a lot as well. usually saves only until reboot. Freq will stay but governor wont, the IO governor does save tho.

Upvote 0
i am experiencing black screen crashes. I am running 3.68 with 2.0 hyperkernel. I have tried many settings and I never use a task killer. they arent often but every few days or so. I have tried re-flashing. i am also running beats audio flash 3.14. I am starting to think beats is causing the crashes. i bought my phone new. I have taken good care of it, only 3 very light drops. maybe the drops caused this. lemme know if anyone else has this happen. I fear my phone may be experiencing the typical slow android death - my fault of course. these phones aren't meant to be dropped

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones