• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz-4.3.2 (Updated 8/7/12)

I got a part time job and in another week I may be able to get my phone turned back on. I hadn't had to sell the phone so I still have it. :D

Looks like HTC finally got off their ass and released the source code. If you put out a CM9 port or something special with the kernel, I can do testing for it once my phone is on. Right now I can't do much since 3G and 4G is not working due to not being in service right now. :p

So another week from now I might be able to get back into the mix of things. :D

Not sure why joshua is calling this "trash". 2fast has been able to do custom kernels and appears to be working on CM9...definitely not trash in my eyes. I had some issues with 2fast awhile back over his CMW stuff, but I put that stuff behind me. Don't need to get butt hurt over something and burn bridges cause in the end I'm not trying to one up someone or compete cause at the time I was still in the process of finding things and made some mistakes. It happens. :p

Upvote 0
I didnt notice this in the features but does this rom have the restored functionality of the Apple vs. HTC lawsuit

Actually no, I clear forgot about removing it.

I actually spent a while this morning trying to get the changes to the build.prop to stick. It says that it would save, but after rebooting, the build.prop file stayed the same. I also tried removing htclinkify and several b.p tool apps and they didn't work. Hopefully this is only the case with my phone and not ics update in general. I would really link my hyperlink directed to the correct places :)

Upvote 0
:thumbup:

I actually spent a while this morning trying to get the changes to the build.prop to stick. It says that it would save, but after rebooting, the build.prop file stayed the same. I also tried removing htclinkify and several b.p tool apps and they didn't work. Hopefully this is only the case with my phone and not ics update in general. I would really link my hyperlink directed to the correct places :)

It is removed in the new rom, so download 4.3.2. Looky who change their post. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Can't wait to see cm9 on this phone. I have been patiently sitting on stock until I see CM9 or CM7 for this phone. LOL... Ok, call me spoiled... just have been known to be a real ROM junkie in the past... and I have had some bugs even on stock rom (no root) and the phone is only a week and half old out of the box with ICS. I love the phone, I know no one is perfect, but I do like to wait until I see how well the testers results are before I dive into someone's custom ROM as a daily driver. 2fast4u88, you seem to be making some wonderful progress with your ROMs and I am excited to see more work cooked up from you. I just wish more people would stop complaining as well... that is why when I root most people's phones for them and put CWM on there I let them do the rest when it comes to installing their own ROMs... because if there is a bug somewhere they come crying to me about it and totally dismiss the idea that someone had put alot of time and effort into these ROMs and well... you know the rest... but I myself honestly appreciate all the hard work you and the other devs bring to us and know for a fact that nothing is perfect at first, not even from Google, the carriers, and phone manufacturers... so without further ado...

Just wanted to say, THANK YOU! :D All your hardwork is most apppreciated!!

...and for those who complain... go somewhere else with that babytalk.

Upvote 0
I'm using an HTC Evo Design on Sprint.

Team, thank you for all your hard work so far. This is a great rom. I am having just one problem: No mobile network.

Update:

I continued having the issues even after restoring back to the original software on my phone, where everything was working ok. The fix was resetting my SCRTN settings, ##72786#. One of the rom flashes I did recently might have screwed these settings up.

Upvote 0
Loving the new ROM. Much more intuitive than my previous one. Face recognition is the bomb. A ton of other little things that really make life easier like percentage on the battery indicator, bigger, easier to press keys and menu. Really enjoying this ROM. :D

However, I cannot get the Sprint wifi hotspot to work or even the Android wifi tether (I enabled MSS clamping and routing fix to no avail).

For the Sprint hotspot I get a "Error code 67: Unable to establish wireless data connection." For Android Wifi Tether I get a couple errors in the log one of which is "Failed activating wireless interface."

If anyone has any idea how to resolve these errors and get wifi tether/hotspot working, please let me know! Thanks! :willy:

o4YP9.png

IWgxC.png

Try 'Barnacle wifi tether'from play store... it worked for me

Upvote 0
5 day review of the Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz ROM:

Very solid. Hardly any crashes. Great features and appearance.

My only complaint is that it seems a little pokey. For example, when going to settings it takes 4 seconds to pull up the settings. I always check my Advanced Task Killer when a phone seems slow. For this ROM hardly anything is running - just 3-4 apps. Yet it is far from snappy.

In fact, 2Fast, your old ROM from a few months ago (the US Cellular port from HeroS) is much faster.

Will the updated ROMs address the performance issue? Do you have a kernel that you recommend installing for best performance with this ROM?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
2fast I like this rom with your v4 kernel nice work I have been using rom toolbox pro for cpu settings ... very smooth rom/kernel combo phone feels so alive compared to stock cannot wait to try out that cm9 Rom from your site (tried it out for about an hour the restore my backup).... battery life is still an issue with this phone I have ordered some cheap 1850mAh batteries from eBay hopefully they are decent also like my HTC HeroC this phone handles higher CPU frequencies very well even though I have seen and read that some phones have issues.

Had a question I never got to use any of the V6 mods like the oom one in these forums do they make much of a difference in everyday use and would they work with this rom/kernel combo.... I am most likely gonna give it a shot but wanted to know anyone's opinion on these mods.

Upvote 0
This is a great rom. Using it along with nova launcher.

Like the simplicity of the design overall, and the extra options in the notification pane.

Built in wifi tether not working, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, or spend much time troubleshooting, since I almost never have a need for wifi tethering. I might try barnacle as someone else suggested.

Great job!

Upvote 0
2fast. I wanted to chime in and thank you for this rom. I've been using it for a few days.

For some reason my Boost Design is identified as a Sprint Design and the MMS settings are setup for Sprint. Is there any way to set it to Boost manually during installation. I'm not overly worried about this as I'm aware of the Sprint/Boost settings and I adjusted it accordingly and have MMS working.

Oddly though when my home screen comes up my wallpaper is the Boost one. Is that because of some turbulence during identification or is it the default and Boost or Sprint they all get the Boost wallpaper.

I love how your app drawer doesn't scroll by pages and how its slightly squished (instead of four across it has 5 across). Those are the reasons I liked your ROM over Apache's, even though his MMS settings for my phone is correctly setup for Boost. I think it may be because his is only for Boost and tries no identification.

Thanks for this ROM.

Upvote 0
2fast. I wanted to chime in and thank you for this rom. I've been using it for a few days.

For some reason my Boost Design is identified as a Sprint Design and the MMS settings are setup for Sprint. Is there any way to set it to Boost manually during installation. I'm not overly worried about this as I'm aware of the Sprint/Boost settings and I adjusted it accordingly and have MMS working.

Oddly though when my home screen comes up my wallpaper is the Boost one. Is that because of some turbulence during identification or is it the default and Boost or Sprint they all get the Boost wallpaper.

I love how your app drawer doesn't scroll by pages and how its slightly squished (instead of four across it has 5 across). Those are the reasons I liked your ROM over Apache's, even though his MMS settings for my phone is correctly setup for Boost. I think it may be because his is only for Boost and tries no identification.

Thanks for this ROM.

Mms and market name should be boost, unless the files got mixed up but doubt it. Did you install the latest one? As I am pretty sure there is others in here on boost, with you being the first to mention it. As the carrier detection works based on cid, where there is no s-off at the moment. So it should have installed the boost stuff. As for the wallpaper I have yet to change it and is built into the boost scene.

Upvote 0
Any updates on this rom? Just got the HTC design ( boost ) and looking to put a different rom on it. How is battery life? Thats my main concern since extended batteries don't seem to be an option.

Yeah, its the kernel you want if you are most concerned with battery. 2Fast has an awesome kernel with overclocking at 2GHz and undervolting below stock running at 1.3GHz and below. The device heats up pretty quick if you keep it running that high, but I just cap my max speed at around 1.8GHz and I'm very happy with it. Here's a link if you're interested: [ICS] Kingdom FastKernel V4 (8/11/2012))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones