• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ROM Manager - HTC Desire

Hello guys,
My mobile details:
AlphaRev
Bravo PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17.05.23
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18
Android Version: 2.3.3
Network: O2
Taskiller Used?: No
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: Revolutionary

Issue: Using ROM Manager I've flashed new ROM Sense 3.0 All in 1's. After reboot mobile started up, but:
1. Cannot connect to mobile network
2. Cannot access SD card under either Android or Bootloader (cannot mount it, but card is OK, checked in other card reader)
3. Can connect to WI-FI, but cannot install any application because on-screen keyboard is not available.
Because of above procedures I can apply to recover previous ROM are very limited.
I tried flash to original HTC Desire Android 2.3 from dev forum, but installer says battery is less than 30%, even if is 100% full.
So I'd like ask you, if there is a way to recover my old ROM (backed up with ROM manager, sits on SD card) or flash any other working?
Thank you in advance for any constructive tips.

Upvote 0
DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER WITH DESIRE FOR ANYTHING!!
read this post in rooted forum

http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/356192-warning-do-not-use-rom-manager.html

If you cannot acess mobile network, your APN's are probably wrong and need reentering again. Check on your carriers website for the correct settings. Also did you take a nandroid backup before you flashed the rom? If so you can restore that.

I will APN settings, thanks. But I meant, I cannot even login to cell, got error: Your SIM card doesn't allow a connection to this network. SIM card of course is fine.
Yes I have got backup, but in Recovery I can't access SD card with backup stored.

Upvote 0
I will APN settings, thanks. But I meant, I cannot even login to cell, got error: Your SIM card doesn't allow a connection to this network. SIM card of course is fine.
Yes I have got backup, but in Recovery I can't access SD card with backup stored.

Not being able to access sim on network is an after effect of usb sd brick.
Luckily for you you have the latest alpharev hboot so you only nees to do two things

On usb brick fix guide on tips and tricks section enable sdcard access using the fastboot command

Use the mtd0.img generator for your network then do fastboot flash misc mtd0.img

Uninstall rom manager and remind yourself that being lazy when complex things are concerned causes problems.

Rom manager uses cwm 2.5.0.7 which doesnt havr support for 40000 erasesize pvt4 handhelds. Any backups created with rom manager should never be applied. It will end in suddeb deaore death and youll nees to unbrick usb again

Reactions: Zalewa
Upvote 0
Not being able to access sim on network is an after effect of usb sd brick.
Luckily for you you have the latest alpharev hboot so you only nees to do two things

On usb brick fix guide on tips and tricks section enable sdcard access using the fastboot command

Use the mtd0.img generator for your network then do fastboot flash misc mtd0.img

Uninstall rom manager and remind yourself that being lazy when complex things are concerned causes problems.

Rom manager uses cwm 2.5.0.7 which doesnt havr support for 40000 erasesize pvt4 handhelds. Any backups created with rom manager should never be applied. It will end in suddeb deaore death and youll nees to unbrick usb again

Thanks mate, recovered again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones