• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][MetroPCS][Sprint] MetrogenMod 4.5+ KelsogenMod 4.5 (2-21-12)

Don't understand that cause I had my evo with bad esn flashed to metro

once a phone is flagged as stolen or reported lost or a customer doesnt pay their bill the esn becomes bad..the only way you can get it hooked up is if you repair the esn..which only shady metro-flashers will do.atleast to my knowledge.
and if you have a repaired esn,u will have problems with it in the future..ijs.your better off not messing with a bad esn phone..its a risk.

Upvote 0
Im having a serious issue. A few days ago I flashed my evo which is on metro from metroid 2.2 to Metrogen Mod 7.1. Every since I did this my phone has NOT been able to receive incoming text from other carriers such as sprint, verizon, etc. Before I flashed it my phone was working perfect. Now even when I flashed back to metroid 2.2 its still not receiving incoming texts. I even had metro issue me a new cell#. When i got the new# my phone was still flashed to Metrogen Mod 7.1. I sent a international text and everything was working fine then about 15 mins later it stopped working again. I definitely think it has something to do with the software or could I possibly have a virus on my phone? Please help.

Thanks in advance everyone!

mrdetroit

I've had that happen to me a few times. It would also tell me when i sent a text to sign up for sms talk text and web. But i would get that same text back like 20 times in a row. That's why I stayed away from aosp roms so I.could double check all my data settings after a flash. It looks like you guys have a method.of connecting to com now on aosp I would try making sure all your min numbers and passwords are all still correct.

Upvote 0
Is there a MetroPCS rom made for HTC Hero that you suggest? anyone?

thanks

well first,this is the EVO 4G section...so HTC HERO help in this section will be at a minimum...seeing as how we dont own that phone...but,with that being said, if you want,try some of the scripts that i posted links to in the OP....use your best judgement to pick the right script...and good luck.thanks the best i can do.

Upvote 0
well first,this is the EVO 4G section...so HTC HERO help in this section will be at a minimum...seeing as how we dont own that phone...but,with that being said, if you want,try some of the scripts that i posted links to in the OP....use your best judgement to pick the right script...and good luck.thanks the best i can do.

that was about as polite as you could do that. refreshing. i'm about to try your cm7.1.. my first time flashing a rom...! thanks

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
Great ROM! Running smoothly. Only bug I have found so far is that Skype crashes upon answer of a video call. I have uninstalled, reinstalled latest from market and no joy. I've also tried a the modded Skype 2.06.95 v.13 from over at xda and no luck there either. Any suggestions on a fix?

Camera apps on aosp roms has been an ongoing problem for a long time. I retired my EVO so haven't had to search for a fix in a while. That may not be the case now. but I just figured I would let you know.

Upvote 0
Hi, I pretty much skipped the second page and this may already be known but for those wanting to go into diag mode you can use adb shell and at the
# echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable

it will close the adb shell when your ready to turn off diag mode open adb shell again and
#echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable
the script I seen reference to should have this same command but I have seen other commands that did not use the /usb_composite and they wont work.
these can also be used in terminal emulator.

I also have a question for you the mms fix does it just write the metro url? I am looking for a way to change the stock sprint url to http://mm.myboostmobile.com
I am using a cm7 based gingerbread rom and dont have the ##3282# obviously.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Could You Please Post the Updated Rom link
Or Just Wipe cache and dalvik and flash your rom back over?

its in the original post,metrogenmod update3..it will fix your video camera..or if you want you can start fresh and wipe everything and reflash the ROM..but wiping dalvik and cache and flashing update 3 over it should suffice.

Reactions: TonySquare11
Upvote 0
Hey Mike, I just wiped dalvik and cache and reflashed the update over existing settings and video is still not being saved. I also superwiped it and reinstalled from scratch, still no joy. I may be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that the Skype video call crash issue may also be related to this video camera fail. What's your advice kid? Thanks bro.

Reactions: TonySquare11
Upvote 0
Hey Mike, I just wiped dalvik and cache and reflashed the update over existing settings and video is still not being saved. I also superwiped it and reinstalled from scratch, still no joy. I may be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that the Skype video call crash issue may also be related to this video camera fail. What's your advice kid? Thanks bro.

I had the same problem still didnt work for me ither

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones