• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MidnightRom: Sense 1.5.4

The site is movie2k.com, and it acts like it wants to play the video but just keeps loading... it shows a circle just going around and around like it wants to load but dose not. Also, I was using WIFI as well, and not 3G.:(

I believe that site uses Divx Web Player / HTML5 (i may be wrong though) try Opera Mobile Browser or Chrome

Upvote 0
I don't know about the other enhancements but all BEATS dose is make the sound crisper so it easier to hear the song. It dose not really boost the sound. Just the quality.
That's if your talking about wanting the sound to be louder.

Yeah I know what it does. But its not working. There isn't even a slight pause as it switches between beats or any other enhancer. Usually there is a half second skip when switching.

Upvote 0
Another PS3 controller issue here. I'm using the Sixaxis Controller app which I bought from the Play Store. I paired the controller with the software on my computer. I hit start in the Sixaxis app, and wait until it says listening for controllers (Which takes a really long time, 2 minutes or more), and when I hit the PS button on my controller, the LED's just endlessly flash and the phone never sees it. I'm using an OFFICIAL blue DualShock 3 (Which should still work) I'm following all instructions to the letter and getting nothing.

On another note, any way to integrate Wii controller compatibility into the rom? Amazing job with EVERYTHING else though! Loving the rom elsewise!

Upvote 0
Another PS3 controller issue here. I'm using the Sixaxis Controller app which I bought from the Play Store. I paired the controller with the software on my computer. I hit start in the Sixaxis app, and wait until it says listening for controllers (Which takes a really long time, 2 minutes or more), and when I hit the PS button on my controller, the LED's just endlessly flash and the phone never sees it. I'm using an OFFICIAL blue DualShock 3 (Which should still work) I'm following all instructions to the letter and getting nothing.

On another note, any way to integrate Wii controller compatibility into the rom? Amazing job with EVERYTHING else though! Loving the rom elsewise!

Sixaxis and PS3 Controllers do not work on Sense based Roms try an AOSP Rom

Upvote 0
Sixaxis and PS3 Controllers do not work on Sense based Roms try an AOSP Rom

One of the specific features of this rom is the PS3 controller support which I assume OP has working. May have replaced the bluetooth stack with something better. Unsure but would like a verdict from him or at least another confirmation of someone else who has it working.

Upvote 0
One of the specific features of this rom is the PS3 controller support which I assume OP has working. May have replaced the bluetooth stack with something better. Unsure but would like a verdict from him or at least another confirmation of someone else who has it working.
I'm currently in the library so I don't remember the exact error code but the error is something regarding the six axis app not displaying the mac Bluetooth number after hitting start in order for me to finally pair the controller with the phone using their pc program . I was also wondering about the wiimote well. When I get home I'll take a snapshot of the error screen but the rom info states that there is integrated ps3 controller support.

Upvote 0
I'm currently in the library so I don't remember the exact error code but the error is something regarding the six axis app not displaying the mac Bluetooth number after hitting start in order for me to finally pair the controller with the phone using their pc program . I was also wondering about the wiimote well. When I get home I'll take a snapshot of the error screen but the rom info states that there is integrated ps3 controller support.

Wiimotes don't work. Tried that the other night.

Waiting for my usb OTG cable to arrive so I can try linking up my PS3 controller.

It's entirely possible that when he says there are PS3 drivers built into this rom that he means for use over USB with an OTG cable and not bluetooth. Then again, I was under the impression that ps3 controllers over USB have worked natively in Android since Honeycomb.

If he fixed the bluetooth issue he would be the first person to correct the borked Sense bluetooth implementation.

Upvote 0
Wiimotes don't work. Tried that the other night.

Waiting for my usb OTG cable to arrive so I can try linking up my PS3 controller.

It's entirely possible that when he says there are PS3 drivers built into this rom that he means for use over USB with an OTG cable and not bluetooth. Then again, I was under the impression that ps3 controllers over USB have worked natively in Android since Honeycomb.

If he fixed the bluetooth issue he would be the first person to correct the borked Sense bluetooth implementation.

I'm waiting on my cable too, I'm under the impression you only need it for the intial pairing with the app/your phone. Hopefully Bluetooth will work once its paired successfully.

Upvote 0
I am currently just under 24 hrs of installing the newest update to the Rom and loving it. Since I've had this phone, my battery life has been plain crap. I've tried everything to improve it. Different radios, kernels, underclocking, sync off, low brightness, etc. I can honestly say that i am now more than satisfied with my battery life after doing everything instructed to do with the update. Major improvement! Radio is much better as well. Constant good signal as well as 8mbps download 4g speeds! Ill attach my batt life and speedtest results as proof of the awesomeness of this Rom. Thank you sir. Great work as usual.

Upvote 0
So its only a Bluetooth issue? I'll look into that too and see what I can find out about it

From my understanding I thought it was just an issue with the bluetooth stack in a sense rom, because as you mentioned before AOSP roms have no problems with it. So clearly it is a software problem and not a hardware limitation. I have zero experience with editing roms. I hope you find something!

Upvote 0
Maybe the Cm10 rom can get ps3 and wiimote working and maybe we can bring that into this rom, but for now it's honestly not a major concern, so that can wait. However I'm back on the 9/11 build since this new one has some issues with sound. I got a call and the other person couldn't hear me at all. I was also messing with my ring tone and they all sounded incredibly slow, I don't know if that Dolby app is the culprit but this build seems weird. 9/11 build is fine on my device, and no issues at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones