• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MODS] K3LSOMOD ROMS [updated 1-20-12] [ICS MINT THEME by PBOT Added]

Would be cool if it did work, but it doesn't make sense really to work on a "non" CM7 rom.

But I am back to this ROM and stable at 787 (can go 806-825, but feel no increase in speed at higher frequencies) and notice that using QPST and changing the M.I.B. (or whatever its called) to "Simple IP" the speed def increases. Thats another reason why I always find my way back to Kelso....stable and with a good launcher it can look great too.

Upvote 0
Yeah that would be nice. But the M is fading away just like my precious LG Vu did. lol

Not as many Devs will spend time on phones that aren't being sold much anymore and most people upgrade.

But the few here that made what we do have are awesome and I appreciate them very much. I actually went back to the CM7 Backside 0.07 or whatever to see how things go. But like i said, i always find myself coming back to this one. If it weren't for the space limitations on this ROM id love it even more. Even moving all apps to SD (that you can) using an app like Link2SD.

But still very stable and does fix the reboot issue on most phones that have the issue. I always flash the 2.2.1 OC kernel to this one (and i have one that had the reboot issue and one without) and don't see much of any negative effects. Also the Interactive governor works better then the On Demand one IMO.

Upvote 0
Most issues with BACKside, or any CM7 ROM are solved by opening terminal emulator app and typing:
su
fix_permissions
reboot

Do not do that within recovery! You'll get more issues if you do. Screen freezes can be fixed by: Settings>CM7 Settings>Display>disable rotation animation

Yeah, I did the fix permissions and figured out the rotation issue. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back to good ol' trusty Kelso's Mod...lol. The CM7 BackSide I was running was rebooting and force closing all the time and nothing seemed to fix....so back to this one.

I believe its one of, or the most stable (at the loss of a little space tho) ROM, at least IMO. I flashed the 2.2.1 OC R.O.C.K kernel and running 787mhz and seems stable. Goes up to 806mhz, but camera seems to force close sometimes when OC'd more. IDK.

But like i said in previous posts, I always find my way back to this ROM and with ADW Launcher and some themes, it looks great too.

EDIT: I was playing with QPST and the Simple IP and Mob (or whatever its really called). I notice that simple IP at one time had me getting great speeds but not when signal was lower then %50 (Elixir Widget). I changed it to Simple IP+Mo or whatever the last letter is, and im seeing faster speeds overall, and even in low signal areas. My house is a dead zone, sucks, I'm on the map but inside is horrible! Thought I'd share.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this rom. I have tried over 25 different roms and ports and could not find anything that would stop the freezing issue with optimus m. This is the only rom so far that everything has worked flawlessly. No freezes, no hangs, no force closes. Runs fast, clean interface, mint theme is awesome btw thanks.

to anyone running optimus with freezing issues, USE THIS ROM!!

Upvote 0
Thats what this was created for I believe. The kernel was updated by LG to 2.2.2 and Kelso intergrated it into this "stockish" ROM. If you had reboots, I wouldn't flash the OC kernel, but I have done to both a rebooting and non rebooting one and both didn't reboot at all or maybe once when using to high of a frequency with Voltage Control or SetCPU.

Upvote 0
Yes, you can now boot recovery and flash ICS or other theme. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache i believe before you do flash. After any flash it will take a while to load. The OC Kernel for 2.2.1 will allow overclocking but will change the kernel that some say makes some reboot. But I have 3 M's (2 working) and haven't had issues on any. CM Roms seem to make it worse on my phone, i love CM7 but can't find a stable one really, this one just seems to work out the box.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones