[ROM][MS870] hybrid MIUI V5 ROM

Last Updated:

1. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

Here's what you need to fix it. Tinfoil, Super glue and a metal hanger.
    Now fold the Tinfoil in to a shape of a pirate hat. Glue the edges so it holds together and than stick the hanger into the top of the hate. Put it on your head. Clime a tree and Yell "I'M A LITTLE TEAPOT!!" 3 times
    .:p

To be serious it sounds like you might be in a bad area. You can always revert back to stock using the unbrick. Also if you fooled around with CM10 that will mess with the 4g. you'll have to reflash CM10 and change the settings.

Advertisement
  2. I'm leaning more away from the area as a problem. See there is a mall right and when we first bought it. Outside of the mall wow she had 4g even though with my Sprint note 2 I only saw 3g. Now...it stays at 1x near the same mall. And this is true with using Icy Spirit ROM also as I flash this rom as a fix but is the same result.

See I do know the areas she gets 4g cause well I don't get it so I been watching and playing with her phone getting an idea of the performance while trying to figure out whose system they are using. Must be Verizon I suspect but I hear June 12th things will get even better. I.e. Tmobile.

You what's funny? The one area I do get 4g on my Sprint note 2 she sees no 4g at all. I noticed this right after buying the phone.
  3. mario16

mario16 Well-Known Member

Have you ever got 4g before when purchasing the phone if not then you have to call metro from another line so your 4g can be activated. That's what I had to do a while back when I first got my phone I thought it was the area as well but the 4g wasn't activated on the phone
  4. njking25

njking25 Well-Known Member

What version of android is this ROM built on?
  5. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

4.0.4 ics
    njking25 likes this.
  6. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

there is someone creating a JB version.
  7. GameTheory

So I was bored and started messing with transparent status bar. :cool:

[​IMG]
  8. GameTheory

I'm loving this Elite-6 MIUI theme along with a red theme I did for it. I also themed PG's recovery with a new home icon and menu. I themed root explorer also.

I won't be able to share those apps since it's PG's recovery and root explorer is a paid app.

[​IMG]
  9. odatkid

odatkid Well-Known Member

Hi GT,
    Hard to keep up with you! I used Icy Spirit and now use Katana (LOVE them both) and now I'm trying to decide whether to try your latest: Hybrid MIUI which looks very cool. Can you give me your pros and cons for a novice like me to leave Katana for this one?

Appreciate all the work you do............Tom:thumbup:
  10. GameTheory

Thanks Bro

Even better news. I did a big update to Katana, so you might want to install that one until I do the next big update to this MIUI.

In the katana thread I included a change log with the new changes and all new screen shots. Just make sure to follow the same install directions.
    odatkid likes this.
  11. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Well-Known Member

Where did you find your miui base for you miui Rom on spirit? Or which familiar phone model did you use? I would like to try and get a working miui over in the motion forums
  12. GameTheory

It's using an older version of my Katana rom as base till I update it. I threw in some miui stuff and made it look as much as I could like miui.

You guys already have an miui rom in the works. You should help out with that one. ;)
  13. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Well-Known Member

I was saying what miui did you use to port. And I've tried messaging the said op and got nothing
  14. GameTheory

Don't remember... Got it a while ago and only kept what I needed for this.
    Android?What!? likes this.
  15. Since installing this the phone goes either 1x or 4g and in places where i know it got 3g. Unsure why though.
  16. GameTheory

Not much I can tell you. I didn't do any changes to data, I left that stuff in the rom alone and that goes for any of my roms.

If you need 3G you can always restore your stock backup and your good to go. ;)
  17. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I think wrapping their self in tinfoil, climbing on the roof in a lighting storm while holding an umbrella works better.:rolleyes:
  18. GameTheory

:rofl:
  19. The purpose in posting was to see if anyone is running into the same thing. The jokes were funny but literally tin foil shouldn't be need for....well....3G...
    As 3g is just 3g but rather have the phone drop to 3g then 1x. But I see the same thing happen on icy spirit too so..even though none of you are altering that part I still see it. You don't need to explain it. I only post so its known.
  20. jasonzech

jasonzech Well-Known Member

No one was making fun of no one. We as a group have a unwritten rule. Its better to joke with each other, other than be grumpy people. Thank you letting us know the issue your having. I'm sorry that you couldn't get into the SPIRIT and play along.

BNB25 is our resident joker and friend. He makes us laugh. Brings good mood to us grumpy people. LoL.

I ran into that issue with 1X back in the day. I attributed it to the towers in my town. Once they stopped working on my towers the 1X pretty much went away. Now I get the 4G then EV. 1X is pretty non exist now (thank god)
  21. GameTheory

Thanks for your post, but I wont consider it an issue since noone else is experiencing this.

Since 3G is only working for you on stock rom. You should stick to stock. LG did a decent job with their stock rom. It's not so bad.

Yeah we joke around a lot over here. :rolleyes:

The tin foil trick works best if you stand on one leg. :p
  22. jasonzech

One tequila, two tequila, floor! LoL
  23. GameTheory

lol too funny :beer:

edit: haha caught your post before you changed it.
  24. jasonzech

:eek: Darn it. LoL. You caught me. :D

Sitting here trying to figure out how to hack my vizio 42" smart TV. LoL
  25. GameTheory

three tequila, four tequila, more! lol :rofl: