• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Official Evervolv | 3.2.0a1 [AOSP 4.2.1]

I've figured out the problem. Android only reads from apns-conf.xml on first bootup. MMS should work with fresh installs of the next nightly under any carrier. For the rest of you, you need to flash Travisholt's zip above and reset APNs to default:

1. Open Voice Dialer
2. Say "Open APNs"
3. Tap "Open APNs"
4. Press the Menu button
5. Tap "Reset to default"

If this still does not work, you'll have to enter the settings manually.

1. Follow steps 1-4 above
5. Tap "New APN"
6. Enter APN Settings (Found Below)
7. Press Menu
8. Tap "Save"
9. Press the radio (circular) button next to your APN

Any setting not listed should be left at the default value.

Sprint
Name: Sprint
APN: Sprint
Username: Sprint
Password: *
Server: *
MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP

Boost Mobile
Name: Boost MMS
APN: mms
Proxy: 61.88.190.10
Port: 8070
MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
MMS proxy: 61.88.190.10
MMS port: 8070
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
Authentication type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: mms

U.S. Cellular
Name: USCC
APN: internet
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS port: 80
MMC: 311
MNC: 220
Authentication type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: mms

For those of you who are curious, this is the change that fixed MMS. Simple, eh?

Upvote 0
I installed this and its amazing i have tried just about all the roms available for this phone and IMO this kills them all even with the bugs and not working stuff

but for the release is it the same as the nightly you have posted?
also the link for the release is unavailable as u stated but is this the rom uploaded here Index of /static/r by chance? if you look in that directory there is the kingdom rom it seems

Reactions: ss2man44
Upvote 0
I installed this and its amazing i have tried just about all the roms avaible for this phone and IMO this trumpts them all even with the bugs and not working stuff

but for the release is it the same as the nightly you have posted?
also the link for the release is unavailible as u stated but is this the rom uploaded here Index of /static/r by chance? if you look in that directory there is the kingdom rom it seems

The first nightly (Dated February 5, 2013) was identical to the alpha release ROM, 3.2.0a1. As of the day after, the nightlies have become different, starting with a fix for MMS in the February 6 build.

As for the ROM in static/r/, that is indeed the ROM that was supposed to be released. Looks like it didn't get uploaded to the proper folder (Scio.) I'll link to that for now in the OP and tell Drew about it. Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed :)

Upvote 0
The first nightly (Dated February 5, 2013) was identical to the alpha release ROM, 3.2.0a1. As of the day after, the nightlies have become different, starting with a fix for MMS in the February 6 build.

As for the ROM in static/r/, that is indeed the ROM that was supposed to be released. Looks like it didn't get uploaded to the proper folder (Scio.) I'll link to that for now in the OP and tell Drew about it. Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed :)

Yea i will be flashing daily when i see them drop, im still a novice with all this but i do enjoy seeing new things and playing with them all

I know how it is i run a site of my own i know how things can get confusing some times uploading different file in different places it can get hectic but im looking forward for more flashing and eye candy :D keep up the good work

Upvote 0
So what features does this have? I'm not familiar with Evervolv..

The idea is that it's very close to barebones AOSP. Most of the modifications are on the backend. The features it does has over AOSP include a few Statusbar/UI tweaks, a theme chooser, and a Performance settings menu similar to that of CyanogenMod. Keep in mind, though, that I'm new to Evervolv myself and those are just off the top of my head. There could be more that I'm not remembering.

Other AOSP ROMs like CM are coming and they should be much easier to develop with a stable and open device configuration like the one I developed for this ROM. Anyone is free to fork and modify it as they want.

Upvote 0
So what features does this have? I'm not familiar with Evervolv..

I know when I was using evervolv on the HeroC as a daily it was one of the smoothest and lightest and the evervolv team was on top of all the known issues really quickly due to only having roms for a few phones...

I am currently only using phone on wifi but this rom is definitely smooth

Upvote 0
I've said it once and I'll say it again: Man I love this Rom!

Random question (This may be my carrier or the nature of the Rom). The drop down menu has been showing 24/7 that I have 3 voicemail waiting to be listened to. I checked and my inbox is empty. Anyone have an idea or theory on this? Not a big deal as the voicemail is working period, but just wondering. Thanks again for all the work!:D

Upvote 0
Thank you for your work! It's amazing rom - so smooth and fast!:) But as far, as I see, there is no GSM support in it? I tried to turn it on with *#*#4636#*#* service code. This code helped me once with 2fast's CM10, but not with Evervolv.

Should we expect it in future nightlies or release?

P.S. Sorry for my English ;)

Upvote 0
Thank you for your work! It's amazing rom - so smooth and fast!:) But as far, as I see, there is no GSM support in it? I tried to turn it on with *#*#4636#*#* service code. This code helped me once with 2fast's CM10, but not with Evervolv.

Should we expect it in future nightlies or release?

P.S. Sorry for my English ;)

You can expect GSM to be added in the future, yes.

Upvote 0
I installed with Evervolv-Scio-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.02.05-kingdom.zip and I'd say had frequent system UI crashes rather than "rare" as above. I'm on HBOOT-1.30.0000 & 2FS's CWM 5.0.2.8. MD5's check out OK on my sdcard. Sprint. Wiped and installed twice, with same behavior: frequent lock-up, system UI crash, or reboots.

Upvote 0
I installed with Evervolv-Scio-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.02.05-kingdom.zip and I'd say had frequent system UI crashes rather than "rare" as above. I'm on HBOOT-1.30.0000 & 2FS's CWM 5.0.2.8. MD5's check out OK on my sdcard. Sprint. Wiped and installed twice, with same behavior: frequent lock-up, system UI crash, or reboots.

Read the known bugs in the rom post ........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones